Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Gamer Blogs!

Old 09-18-2015, 02:04 PM   #5231
grimlock
I'm On Big Brother!
Repeat Contributor

grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to grimlock Send a message via Skype™ to grimlock
Default Re: Peacock's Flight Record

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsung View Post
Thought I read that though impeachment would be the proper way it couldn't happen until next January at the earliest, when everyone gets together again. And even then, it's not automatic (likely?).
Dude our lord and savior mike hukabee delivered her from the evil shackles of being held in contempt. I'm sure he can also deliver her from impeachment.
grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 02:08 PM   #5232
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock

I uh.. Don't and have not once recommended firing. I'm with you in firing as an illegal and unethical option.

It looks like Tsung is dead on. In Davis's municipality, impeachment is indeed the only option. Municipal law is so ridiculous. At least my question on why nobody had a meeting before problems could happen is answered. That area is just too small and not overseen in a way that can prevent things like this.

Last edited by skeletalpeacock; 09-18-2015 at 02:10 PM.
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 02:11 PM   #5233
HavoKDarK
Have A Nice Day!

HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to HavoKDarK

Gaslamp's issue isn't unique to them, all clubs have the same issue. The only reason theirs is blowing up is someone posted it on Reddit and ABC13 trolls the Houston subreddit looking for shit.
HavoKDarK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 02:20 PM   #5234
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavoKDarK View Post
Gaslamp's issue isn't unique to them, all clubs have the same issue. The only reason theirs is blowing up is someone posted it on Reddit and ABC13 trolls the Houston subreddit looking for shit.
Agreed. Kung fu saloon 2.0

That video response is still comically inappropriate. I wonder if the club site has an official list of reasons people might be refused service about. I think that would really help. Stuff like if you're a regular or buy bottle service, you get in wearing anything. If you're a group of three guys with no females, you're out. One dude with two or more women gets in wearing a potato sack and flip flops.

Things like that make lots of sense in the context of the business but look horrible to an uninformed observer. And of course, could still just be old fashioned racism
Old 09-18-2015, 02:39 PM   #5235
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.

They can't pull that anymore with the camera phone and social media.

I remember not being let in for brunch of all places because Tsung was wearing gym shorts. Now I'm thinking we weren't let in because Tsung is Asian. Racist bastards.

binger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 02:56 PM   #5236
lazarusl
grandpa
Repeat Contributor

lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletalpeacock View Post
I uh.. Don't and have not once recommended firing. I'm with you in firing as an illegal and unethical option.

It looks like Tsung is dead on. In Davis's municipality, impeachment is indeed the only option. Municipal law is so ridiculous. At least my question on why nobody had a meeting before problems could happen is answered. That area is just too small and not overseen in a way that can prevent things like this.
Jesus Christ. If someone posted some engineering-related opinions that were so misaligned with factual reality, you would rip them a new asshole.

1. Davis is a county official, not a municipal clerk.
2. Her duties are governed by state law and include the duty to issue marriage licenses.
3. As an elected county official, she swore an oath, which included an obligation to "support the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of this Commonwealth."
4. The U.S. Supreme Court held that the U.S. Constitution protects the rights of same-sex couples who want to get married; i.e., it is illegal under the Constitution for county officials to deny same-sex couples marriage licenses.
5. The Supreme Court is the final arbiter of "what the law is" and has been since 1789. If the Supreme Court issues a ruling as to what the text of the Constitution means, it has the same effect as if those words appeared in the Constitution itself. As a result, unambiguously, same-sex couples have the right to get married in the United States, because the Supreme Court says so.

This is not about Davis' religious beliefs. It is her job - and, ironically, she swore an oath "under God" to do this - to comply with the Constitution. If she refuses to do her job, why wouldn't she be fired (i.e., impeached)? What if she said the Bible told her a black man and a white woman shouldn't get married? Would that be an impeachable offense? Of course it would.
Old 09-18-2015, 03:13 PM   #5237
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

Damn right I would. Growing new assholes is how you learn. Thanks for setting me straight.
Old 09-20-2015, 04:52 PM   #5238
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

The season 9 premiere is the second or third best episode of all of new who
I have no clue how a show as consistently awful as doctor who gets one right every now and then
Old 09-23-2015, 07:24 AM   #5239
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

Halfway through the second GoT book.

Here is what I think after every few pages-

Please be a Dany chapter next
Please don't be a Bran chapter next
Please don't be a chapter about some nobody in a shitty island kingdom next
Tyrion is fucking awesome

Book 1 took a good 400 pages to quit being boring fwiw. These books aren't really great or terrible. They're ripe with tropes, but that's the whole medieval fantasy genre.
Old 09-23-2015, 01:54 PM   #5240
sage.sam
I'm yer huckleberry
Repeat Contributor

sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletalpeacock View Post
Halfway through the second GoT book.

Here is what I think after every few pages-

Please be a Dany chapter next
Please don't be a Bran chapter next
Please don't be a chapter about some nobody in a shitty island kingdom next
Tyrion is fucking awesome

Book 1 took a good 400 pages to quit being boring fwiw. These books aren't really great or terrible. They're ripe with tropes, but that's the whole medieval fantasy genre.
Second 3 of 4 above thoughts (minus the island kingdom bit); especially #4 (Tyrion is fucking awesome!). The islanders come to be more important.
sage.sam is offline   Reply With Quote