Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Gamer Blogs!

Old 08-11-2016, 02:30 PM   #5591
grimlock
I'm On Big Brother!
Repeat Contributor

grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to grimlock Send a message via Skype™ to grimlock
Default Re: Peacock's Flight Record

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletalpeacock View Post
The more I hear, the less interested I am

http://www.startrek.com/article/brya...covery-details
Star Trek: Tumblr?
grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 02:46 PM   #5592
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.

I'm more excited for Ocean's Tumblr

The match of the century, absence versus thin air

Wagers

JonasDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 02:58 PM   #5593
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock
Red face Re: Peacock's Flight Record

Nah it's not fair to play the tumblr card on Star Trek

It doesn't even make sense. We already had a lady captain and she was great, and the entire point and premise is trying to maintain peace between races. They aren't changing shit and even if they're were it's not like they're including 28 made up genders or pretending everything is rape.

Following some ensign around in that era just sounds like shit to me. Why the hell would I want to watch some ensign scrubbing out warp plasma conduits? It worked ok as a concept for some one-ofs on other series, but as a whole show that sounds awful. And while they can only do warp 2-3? And when they have to make Klingons seem scary again? Pfffffftttttttt
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 03:06 PM   #5594
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasDash View Post
I'm more excited for Ocean's Tumblr
Oh my god. This is the best news I've ever heard. Somebody seriously goes by the name "Awkwafina". Every day brings more and more evidence that Idiocracy was accurate. There is literally somebody trying to brand themselves as a misspelled bottle of water! Holy shit!

Also that won't get made. Rumors have been around for years. But here's the real nail. Ghostbusters didn't make money so, knowing studio heads, they'd rather never make anything like it ever again, than admit they fucked up a potentially good concept and try to rework it. And of course with ghostbusters they get a "bonus". They can blame the films failure on misogyny instead of themselves.
Old 08-12-2016, 11:53 AM   #5595
HavoKDarK
Have A Nice Day!

HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to HavoKDarK

Quote:
The show will be set 10 years before Star Trek: The Original Series.
Am I the only one that's tired of going backward in time instead of forward?
HavoKDarK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 11:55 AM   #5596
HavoKDarK
Have A Nice Day!

HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to HavoKDarK

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletalpeacock View Post
Nah it's not fair to play the tumblr card on Star Trek

It doesn't even make sense. We already had a lady captain and she was great, and the entire point and premise is trying to maintain peace between races. They aren't changing shit and even if they're were it's not like they're including 28 made up genders or pretending everything is rape.

Following some ensign around in that era just sounds like shit to me. Why the hell would I want to watch some ensign scrubbing out warp plasma conduits? It worked ok as a concept for some one-ofs on other series, but as a whole show that sounds awful. And while they can only do warp 2-3? And when they have to make Klingons seem scary again? Pfffffftttttttt
Star Trek has always been pretty progressive in nature because of the source material almost demanding it.

I agree with following someone who isn't a bridge officer. Part of the fun of Star Trek is being present for the top level of the ship.
HavoKDarK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 12:01 PM   #5597
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavoKDarK View Post
Am I the only one that's tired of going backward in time instead of forward?
I am definitely. I would really love to see a new ST series set several hundred years after the Voyager series.

The match of the century, absence versus thin air

Wagers

JonasDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 01:13 PM   #5598
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasDash View Post
I am definitely. I would really love to see a new ST series set several hundred years after the Voyager series.
God yes

Following around that future star fleet branch in charge of maintaining the time stream in voyager would be absolutely nuts!

Shut up and take my money!
Old 08-12-2016, 01:24 PM   #5599
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

Also the the books that pick up after voyager returned to earth and took out the Borg queen are very good

You can kinda tell if you have seen all the trek TV series, bust just as a reminder voyager returned right when the dominion war started.

Then, offscreen- they didn't even get to throw a huge celebration. They were sent right back to war. fucking metal! Put that shit in a show!

And then like 10ish years later the Star Trek:Destiny book trilogy covers a time when the Borg have declared total war against humanity. Assimilation time is over. They are just straight killing people. Make a show of that! Of course books aren't cannon. But.....

How hype is this shit?
http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Trek:_Destiny

All that material and you're going to follow an ensign? In a prequel era? Fuck you.
Old 08-12-2016, 01:31 PM   #5600
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

Oh and while I'm at it,

I just finished a full rewatch of TNG

TNG has the best episodes of any trek TV series, but in a truely objective sense, it is shit on average.

Voyager is definitely better. It's not even close. Voyager is great from seasons 4 onward, and actually just nuts once it becomes the doctor and seven show. TNG is mediocrity peddled with intense shit and then very high peaks. Seriously rewatch it and take an average. I dare you. This was in the final season of TNG and I could not make up something dumber. I'd rather watch the doctor fight for hologram rights 100 times than see this again.

Actual summary of "Sub Rosa" !