Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Gamer Blogs!

Old 12-19-2016, 03:52 PM   #5671
Suari
Regaler of stories

Suari , waysr?Suari , waysr?Suari , waysr?Suari , waysr?Suari , waysr?Suari , waysr?Suari , waysr?Suari , waysr?Suari , waysr?Suari , waysr?Suari , waysr?
Default Re: Peacock's Flight Record

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletalpeacock View Post
I was just going to wait and post a picture and let it speak for itself but I can't because im too excited

I'm going to the worlds only cock museum! It's ok to be jealous! Who wants a tshirt!?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icel...logical_Museum
im so jealous.

also wtf, the euro is so low now, i think i might want to go visit someplace in europe now. the dollar and the euro are practically even now.

1:1 Daigo not making top 8 of MVC3
1:4 Justin winning MVC3
Suari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 02:08 PM   #5672
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock

I'm having difficulty believing how amazing this country is.

In general this season, its mild temperature at about 4-5 degrees. There are periodic snow and/or hail storms with small stones. They only last a few minutes. It's not a big deal, wear layers including something rain proof. It definitely does not feel like the arctic circle, and from my research thats and because the Gulf Stream warms this place up. Remember from grade school? "Iceland is green and Greenland is ice". Totally true, and I've been enjoying lots of fresh farm-to-table food. There is only 5-6 hours of daylight. It's generally 11am to 5pm. Whatever. Plenty of lights on the streets. The time zone is 6 hours ahead of central.

I've been wanting to go here ever since I saw it on the travel channel in my early teens. It's 1.5 days in and it's finally clicking. Holy shit, I'm far away in an amazing place.

I came in Monday and my flight had been delayed 2 hours. I wouldn't make my bus to blue lagoon (seriously google this place, hot damn) which meant I would miss my non-refundable 10am entry time and my epic AF spa treatment ( http://www.bluelagoon.com/things-to-...ure-treatment/ ) . So I cabbed right in from the airport. It was no big deal to do, but was 80$ on top of the 30$ now useless and obv non-refundable bus ticket from the hotel.

Reykjavik is NOT for the broke. I saved up thousands for this though. Fuck it yolo! A cup of Starbucks-tier coffee is 6-8$. So is an awful pint of beer, like european equivalent of coors or something. The absolute cheapest thing I've found suitable for a meal in the downtown area of Reykjavik where I'm staying is 15$. That's an oddly low priced personal 12" pizza. And it's an extreme anomaly. Something comparable to subway is 30$. Yet something a little better is only 40$. It's not worth saving 10$ to stay on fast food over sit down, so pip fucking pip.

I have run into multiple traveling girls in the hostel shocked at the prices and basically living on gas station hot dogs. Lol. One told me she generally gets guys to buy her shit in America but the dating culture here doesn't do that so she has unexpected expenses. Speaking of the dating culture- the women are so easy. It's said that in Iceland, they don't need prostitutes because you just walk into the bar. Although prostitution was banned in 2011 to great protest, but I digress. People here just fuck a lot and if they fuck the same person enough, then they're considered dating. Sex is just not a big deal. The bars are small, bundled together, and they often double as cafes in the day time. All bars in the country close at 1am by the same 2011 law that banned prostitution. Kinda lame all around on these sexual laws, but good on them for virtually eliminating the human trafficking in such a short time span. As an addendum, they have no open container or public drunkenness laws to a point. Basically, don't wander the streets drunk during normal business hour and on top of that cause a disturbance. Anything else involving alcohol and they don't care. Even if it involves driving.

Blue lagoon was magic. It is unlike anything I have ever experienced. It's a giant shallow pool built into the lava rock filled with naturally warm and mineral rich water. Obviously pumps and heaters are now used as the place has expanded, but that doesn't detract at all. It started in the 70s when some engineers drilling test holes to survey for a potential geothermal power plant construction. They came back the next day and they found the perfect mineral water and at the right temperature, informed the government, and from there it's grown.

So basically the water is naturally full of amazing minerals for skin health and at a great temperature, then it's pumped and heated as necessary to adjust for weather. It has natural cleansing properties as far as germs go, but also cycles back through the rocks naturally so it's super purified. You have to shower before you get in and it's highly recommended that you put conditioner on all your hair. I did, but I still fear my beard and hair will never be the same. The silica fucks your hair up. You also get raw silica gel as a face mask from an in water bar. And if you get the semi pip entry like me, you get a secondary algae mask for after you rinse off the silica one at 15 minutes in. There was also a swim up full bar with one free drink on my semi pip entry level. The in-water massage was orgasmically good. Not sure what else to say there. 230$ but worth way more than that.

Only phu dao would buy the fully pip entry ticket. That shit is 100$ more and the only extra benefit is access to the exclusive lounge, which I assume is full of old English men in monacles smoking cigars and checking there gold pocket watches. And phu.

That shit was booked months in advance and I'm glad. They're now booked though January unless you want some weird time like 10pm entry with close at 11. They also use surge pricing like Uber, which means booking in advance when there's no demand saves a ton.

I ate at their 1st class restaurant in my bath robe. People around me are proposing and in tuxedos and shit and I have a whole table full of lamb shanks and wine. Pip fucking pip. The restaurant was called "Lava" and appropriately surrounded by actual volcanic rock they carved into to build the place.

Today I slept in and hit the gym to break jet lag. It was super effective. Nothing like exercise to fix the body clock. Of course, I'm about to buy some nice clothes and hit the bars so.... waking up at 6am to shower and eat and catch my 8am bus may suck but oh well. It's so cool that the busses stop at your hostel door!

Tomorrow I will hike glaciers and active volcanoes in the same day. Ice caving here I come.

In the near future? Black sand beach, whale watching, swimming the continental rift in 30 degree water, and much more that I'm forgetting. And of course, the international cock museum! Going to go buy one of these 200$ Icelandic sweaters soon. Fucking hell. It is hand made from their native sheep and will last a lifetime, but still! It's also part of the unofficial young adult bar dress code. Can't miss out on easy tail by looking like a clueless tourist. Huge waste!

Last edited by skeletalpeacock; 12-21-2016 at 02:12 PM.
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 02:31 PM   #5673
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.

God damn. Come on oil prices.

binger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 08:25 PM   #5674
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.

Well it's 3:25 am and I have be up at 6:30

And this may not be a cool thing to do for all of you but thats fine I understand

Best vacation ever?
Old 12-21-2016, 08:36 PM   #5675
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.

Quote:
Well it's 3:25 am and I have be up at 6:30

And this may not be a cool thing to do for all of you but thats fine I understand

Best vacation ever?
Iceland? more like NICEland

The match of the century, absence versus thin air

Wagers

JonasDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 08:59 AM   #5676
phuqdao
Everliving Decayed Form
Administrator

phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?

Quote:
There was also a swim up full bar with one free drink on my semi pip entry level. The in-water massage was orgasmically good. Not sure what else to say there. 230$ but worth way more than that.

Only phu dao would buy the fully pip entry ticket. That shit is 100$ more and the only extra benefit is access to the exclusive lounge, which I assume is full of old English men in monacles smoking cigars and checking there gold pocket watches. And phu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brochure
An experience of the Blue Lagoon that includes a private changing room and entry to the Exclusive Lounge – a sanctuary of relaxation with stunning views, a fireplace, reclining chairs, an attendant, food service, and direct access to the lagoon.
If the food services has lobster then...

And I'm pretty sure you chillin' alone in your exclusive lounge would draw the attention of some tails since the exclusive lounge room pricing assumes 2 people of age...

You owe me: ----- I owe you: Jonasdash-$1
phuqdao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 11:40 AM   #5677
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

They have lobster and langoustine, which is a native lobster like thing halfway between a lobster and a freshwater prawn.
Old 12-22-2016, 02:42 PM   #5678
phuqdao
Everliving Decayed Form
Administrator

phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?

Quote:
langoustine, which is a native lobster like thing halfway between a lobster and a freshwater prawn.
Aka the original scampi.

You owe me: ----- I owe you: Jonasdash-$1
phuqdao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 09:25 AM   #5679
CoBeir
Beginner

CoBeir , waysr?CoBeir , waysr?CoBeir , waysr?CoBeir , waysr?CoBeir , waysr?CoBeir , waysr?CoBeir , waysr?CoBeir , waysr?CoBeir , waysr?CoBeir , waysr?CoBeir , waysr?

The gif is pretty low res, but I'm pretty sure this is you, right? http://i.imgur.com/aVbOyXp.gifv
CoBeir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 11:31 AM   #5680
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

Only when I started. This is me now.