Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Gamer Blogs!

Old 01-22-2017, 08:18 AM   #5701
Tobey
Not at those prices
Repeat Contributor

Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?
Default Re: Peacock's Flight Record

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletalpeacock View Post
Haha. This is for anybody I got to watch even one episode of black mirror.

Fresh from the women's march

http://m.imgur.com/yKyJovb,qbm1jGw
The Waldo Moment was the worst episode IMO... but it seems to be the most prescient.
Tobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 09:38 AM   #5702
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobey View Post
The Waldo Moment was the worst episode IMO... but it seems to be the most prescient.
For sure. It didn't feel realistic enough to really encaptivate me, but it seemed really possible and perhaps did happen. A meme pushing the same type of joke/rant got elected
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 12:01 PM   #5703
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.

I needed this in my life

http://www.avclub.com/article/all-tr...k-deep--249227
Old 01-30-2017, 11:03 AM   #5704
sage.sam
I'm yer huckleberry
Repeat Contributor

sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?

Quote:
I saw that, but the thing is.... they already sound that way. They don't need any work.

I was more excited before I clicked the link; I was hoping they were being redone as "Plain, Simple Garak" which could be hilarious.
sage.sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 08:13 AM   #5705
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

A great read showing just how badly our oligarch lords are fucking us at every turn

http://slatestarcodex.com/2017/02/09...-cost-disease/
Old 02-10-2017, 08:23 AM   #5706
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

Another step closer to black mirror

http://themindunleashed.com/2017/02/...rds-video.html
Old 02-10-2017, 08:55 AM   #5707
lazarusl
grandpa
Repeat Contributor

lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?

Quote:
A great read showing just how badly our oligarch lords are fucking us at every turn

http://slatestarcodex.com/2017/02/09...-cost-disease/
Interesting subject, but a lot of bad logic and false assumptions in there. I gave up when he digressed and claimed that the reason he couldn't buy a 1 bedroom house was zoning. Really dude? Not because of market forces? No zoning in Houston and I bet there aren't a lot of 1 br homes being built.

I assume at some point he got to the obvious common thread, that administrative costs have exploded. Which gets to the even more fundamental common thread, that our modern society is much more complex and perhaps traditional measures of inflation fail to capture the resulting multiplier effect; e.g., it would cost so much more to build the NY subway today because everything involved is more expensive, so it's not as simple as comparing it to the rate of inflation.

Things cost more today because we've made countless choices to mitigate risk, and many of those choices require middle management to oversee them. Those choices don't necessarily contribute to improved outcomes that are easily measured (i.e., higher test scores shouldn't be the only goal for schools - not getting shot by a classmate matters too) but that doesn't mean they don't have value.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2017, 04:21 PM   #5708
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

It defies all logic and common sense but season 11 of supernatural is actually amazing

Every episode has some slam dunk monologues at a minimum

All the characters who never seem to die because reasons are still not dying, but the way it's being done doesn't make you feel that it's the same old shtick

Never seen a sci-fi show turn it around like this so late

Supernatural has its ups and downs and pretty much it's all gradually downhill until stabilizing at meh after season 6, with some notable but temporary peaks.

But from like episode 4-6 on this season is just slaying it
Old 02-10-2017, 04:27 PM   #5709
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

It's especially ridiculous because the writing challenges at this point are insane due to power creep

It's gone from fighting ghosts to monsters to demons to the devil and angel fights to gods sister

But somehow monsters, lucifer, and everything on up feel scary and important again without being cliche but still having just the right amount of throwbacks and feeling such that you know it's still the same characters

I had this show relegated to background cleaning noise but it's getting promoted

Again, never seen a turn around like it so deep in the run
Old 02-10-2017, 05:15 PM   #5710
grimlock
I'm On Big Brother!
Repeat Contributor

grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to grimlock Send a message via Skype™ to grimlock

Damn I almost checked out after finishing season 10. Guess I'm coming back for a double fist of Sam and Dean with some Castiel for dessert.
grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote