Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Gamer Blogs!

Old 12-13-2016, 11:15 AM   #751
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.
Default Re: The Chronicles of Weazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake31678 View Post
There's a musical animated version of Elf with the lead part done by Jim Parsons that my kid has fallen in love with.
anythings better than Caillou, I suppose.... but that sounds truly awful

The match of the century, absence versus thin air

Wagers

JonasDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 03:59 PM   #752
Weazy
Punter
Contributor

Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasDash View Post
anythings better than Caillou, I suppose.... but that sounds truly awful
My nephew was on a Caillou kick for a hot minute. Drove my sister bonkers. glad he shook that....

Want to drive someone with small kids nuts.

Play the dump truck song for them.

Played it for my nephews and they know every word by heart and torture my poor sister with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage.sam View Post
Yeah, SRSLY. STFU and play your own match.
Weazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 08:51 PM   #753
Weazy
Punter
Contributor

Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weazy View Post
I am summoning the power of TMZ.....to help me round out a Christmas movie list....

I'm looking for good Christmas Movies to watch with my finacee while we're both off for Christmas. Nothing sappy is the only rule....here's the running list I have so far

Christmas Vacation
Christmas Story
Home Alone
Scrooged
Die Hard
Lethal Weapon
Gremilns
Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Four Christmases
Trading Places
Bad Santa
The Ref
Home for the Holidays
Nightmare before Christmas

What else you guys got??
Recent addition....Edward Scissorhands.

Quote:
Old 12-16-2016, 10:31 AM   #754
phuqdao
Everliving Decayed Form
Administrator

phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?

This list is lacking something...Good Grief!

You owe me: ----- I owe you: Jonasdash-$1
phuqdao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 04:09 PM   #755
Weazy
Punter
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by phuqdao View Post
This list is lacking something...Good Grief!

I think Charlie Brown falls in the 'too sappy' side of things, for me at least. I did watch the heck out of that when I was a kid.

Nice addition

Quote:
Old 12-17-2016, 12:20 PM   #756
Weazy
Punter
Contributor

Holiday cube is sooooo much fun.

Show and Tell is a stupid card especially with mox.

Quote:
Old 12-17-2016, 12:54 PM   #757
Athos
Look at this stuff...

Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to Athos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weazy View Post
Holiday cube is sooooo much fun.

Show and Tell is a stupid card especially with mox.
This post ended up long lol, cube has a lot of levels. Would be fun to watch at a high level table. Makes me wish there was Rochester again though

Show and tell is a liability, Tinker is the brokenest card. I can't stop drafting blue unless it's just completely cut though. Black also, but u/b always looks better than it performs, it can have lots of trouble with Swords and planeswalkers (hero's downfall is so important).

I've still never been white, no regrets, but b/w where all creatures have comes into play abilities and you have Vindicate/council of will (best removal) is pretty good.

Sneak Attack is a trap, that deck is generally bad. I only slash red for Kolaghans Command, Dak (insane), and Izzet Charm.

The artifact deck with workshop and lodestone golem is great too, and I've been surprised at how often reanimator is open - gotta prioritize wasteland in that deck though, karakas and maze of ith are tough.

There's a lot of splintertwin combo cards with Imperial recruiter and white version - I've lost to nahiri ultimate from that deck too.

Green can be way open too, and if it is you can switch late in pack 1 - all about that acceleration, rofellos and channel are obvious insane cards, and slime/rec sage/conclave naturalists are very important. Ugin and Karn are ideal top end.

I can't decide if I like league or single-elim- it's really hard to go "up" in league, and cross-pod play obviously has its issues...but it's kinda nice to ignore hate drafting completely, and there's sometimes just such insane decks that it's easy to get blown out in Round 1.

Last edited by Athos; 12-17-2016 at 05:03 PM.
Athos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 04:23 PM   #758
Athos
Look at this stuff...

Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to Athos

I love cube, just said all that and then did this:

aww damn, card pictures don't work for cube, which makes sense I guess. First pick tinker, then Oath of Druids and Enlightened tutor early in pack 1, went all in. Getting the Sphinx pack 3 was crucial

4 creatures in the final deck, still played the Sword of Feast or Famine. sideboard is literally all creatures. Balance was so sick round 1.

Actually everything about this deck worked out perfectly, fuckin fun one.

Last edited by Athos; 12-17-2016 at 05:15 PM.
Athos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 07:00 PM   #759
Weazy
Punter
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athos View Post
This post ended up long lol, cube has a lot of levels. Would be fun to watch at a high level table. Makes me wish there was Rochester again though

Show and tell is a liability, Tinker is the brokenest card. I can't stop drafting blue unless it's just completely cut though. Black also, but u/b always looks better than it performs, it can have lots of trouble with Swords and planeswalkers (hero's downfall is so important).

I've still never been white, no regrets, but b/w where all creatures have comes into play abilities and you have Vindicate/council of will (best removal) is pretty good.

Sneak Attack is a trap, that deck is generally bad. I only slash red for Kolaghans Command, Dak (insane), and Izzet Charm.

The artifact deck with workshop and lodestone golem is great too, and I've been surprised at how often reanimator is open - gotta prioritize wasteland in that deck though, karakas and maze of ith are tough.

There's a lot of splintertwin combo cards with Imperial recruiter and white version - I've lost to nahiri ultimate from that deck too.

Green can be way open too, and if it is you can switch late in pack 1 - all about that acceleration, rofellos and channel are obvious insane cards, and slime/rec sage/conclave naturalists are very important. Ugin and Karn are ideal top end.

I can't decide if I like league or single-elim- it's really hard to go "up" in league, and cross-pod play obviously has its issues...but it's kinda nice to ignore hate drafting completely, and there's sometimes just such insane decks that it's easy to get blown out in Round 1.
Yeah, I've stayed away from Sneak Attack and Through the Breach and usually go with the Oath of Druids / Show and Tell plan. I had a deck that had those with the usual cast of fatties like Pregenitus and Emrakul to pair with balance, planes walkers, counters and board wipes. So much fun.

Mono Red can be pretty good, too.

Yay! Cube!

Quote:
Old 12-17-2016, 07:19 PM   #760
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.

if yer not forcing Storm yer not tryin

The match of the century, absence versus thin air

Wagers

JonasDash is offline   Reply With Quote