Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Gamer Blogs!

Old 01-20-2017, 09:26 AM   #801
Weazy
Punter
Contributor

Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?
Default Re: The Chronicles of Weazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athos View Post
What's in the board of that deck?! I feel like I wouldn't want to play stroke of genius, Liliana Vess, or Underworld Connections
All garbage. Thus the shite cards.

Still fun.

Vintage cube is waaaaaaay better IMO......

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage.sam View Post
Yeah, SRSLY. STFU and play your own match.
Weazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 09:22 AM   #802
Weazy
Punter
Contributor

Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?

Been travelling a good bit over the past month. Two trips to Germany under my belt in the first month of the year. I'm probably headed to Asia in March. Racking up those miles.

The long trips give me a chance to catch up on movies I've wanted to watch. Here's a few I watched with my take on them:

- Independence Day: Resurgence - not as good as the first. Pretty cheesy. But when you've got a few hours to kill, it'll do.
- The Accountant - I thought this was ok. The plot was pretty weak. The action scenes were decent. Rain Man was better. Needed more Kendrick and less Affleck.
- Inferno - The book was great and this movie was alright. But damn if the ending that I thought was so great in the book was left out of the movie. Fuckers.
- Masterminds - Slap stick stupid comedy. Didn't find much of it funny. I guess that type of humor is lost on me....felt like a 90 minute SNL skit that was way too over the top.
- Keeping Up with the Joneses - I thought this was fine. Nothing amazing. Mrs. Jones is smoking hot.
- Dr. Strange - Holy crap this made me wish I was stoned or something. The effects were great. I never read the comics so seeing the story from the beginning was pretty sweet. Strange is really hard to like at the beginning.....total prick. But things change and by the end I was rooting for him.
- The Hike (I think? Can't remember the title) - Korean (i think) movie about a man that likes to hike in the woods that finds trouble when some local guys find gold. Old guy turns out to be a badass......actually liked this one.

Quote:
Old 02-12-2017, 03:53 PM   #803
Weazy
Punter
Contributor

why does it feel like I flood WAY more often with 16 lands than 17.

I swear sometime mtgo just pisses me off so goddamned bad because shit happens that i swear i never see IRL.......fucking FUCK

Quote:
Old 02-12-2017, 03:58 PM   #804
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock

I had a 14 land deck that flooded out

Shit makes no sense brah don't sweat it
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 04:26 PM   #805
Athos
Look at this stuff...

Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to Athos

For me it was always after I used a land-search thing. Lands the rest of the way down
Athos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 04:52 PM   #806
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weazy View Post
why does it feel like I flood WAY more often with 16 lands than 17.

I swear sometime mtgo just pisses me off so goddamned bad because shit happens that i swear i never see IRL.......fucking FUCK
When you play 17 lands and flood you kind of remember. You realize that shit happens.

When you play 16 lands and flood, you wonder what you did in this life to deserve it. When in fact you're playing 1 less land. So if card you replaced land #17 with is in the bottom 20 cards, you would have flooded anyways.

My favorite is Phu boarding into 18, then 19 lands after getting screwed. I've seen him go the other way too, which is hilarious.

tldr: variance happens. Your mind fucks with you.

binger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:39 AM   #807
Weazy
Punter
Contributor

These Modern Masters 2017 spoilers.....damn.

Bought two boxes already. Prob going to get up to a case. Planning to hold and sell most of them.

Set is sweet.

Quote:
Old 03-02-2017, 01:21 PM   #808
lazarusl
grandpa
Repeat Contributor

lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?

Quote:
These Modern Masters 2017 spoilers.....damn.

Bought two boxes already. Prob going to get up to a case. Planning to hold and sell most of them.

Set is sweet.
Do we know what the printing policy is going to be with this one? If it's not severely limited, sales are going to be ridiculous.
Old 03-02-2017, 01:55 PM   #809
Weazy
Punter
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarusl View Post
Do we know what the printing policy is going to be with this one? If it's not severely limited, sales are going to be ridiculous.
Haven't really looked into it. I'm guessing sales are going to be nuts just based on the cards in the set spoiled so far.

Wizards did a great job of fueling up the hype train for this one..

Quote:
Old 03-02-2017, 02:14 PM   #810
lazarusl
grandpa
Repeat Contributor

lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?

Quote:
Haven't really looked into it. I'm guessing sales are going to be nuts just based on the cards in the set spoiled so far.

Wizards did a great job of fueling up the hype train for this one..
A buy and hold plan seems like it should be predicated on an understanding of the supply.