Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > General Forums > General Discussion

Old 02-03-2017, 11:34 AM   #1611
Ophidian
I'm always angry
Repeat Contributor

Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?
Default Re: Berni for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasDash View Post
A lot of young people probably feel that they need to check the interior of the system that cares about only one culture, and frankly they are probably right in feeling so.

I can understand that vibe. I'll agree that something must be done about vengeance, a badge, and a gun. At this point, we can't waste a day when the night brings a hearse, you know what I'm saying?
rage harder, bro
Old 02-03-2017, 12:30 PM   #1612
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock

Thanks for the thoughts. Would kill for this to be possible on FB.

I actually used to go to a lot of punk shows. So I get what you're saying and the whole sentiment and feel of youth involve in that.
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 08:40 PM   #1613
ennuistic
needs haircut

ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?

http://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastor...mig_west/E.pdf

I've been reading the due process for immigrants case precedents from this, and it honestly it feels like every other line on the page points to grounds for striking down this EO.

I understand that Equal Protection probably wouldn't apply since immigrants are a suspect class that is still subject to rational scrutiny, but what is the argument against violations of due process?

I know the language is specifically more vague in the EO - "suspend" rather than "revoke". Is it that language that covers due process concerns, even if the implementation process effectively results in broad revocation of visa status, essentially deportation?

More or less, what would the government's hypothetical position be against the due process lawsuit?
Old 02-04-2017, 12:48 AM   #1614
ennuistic
needs haircut

ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskTrumpSup...k_and/ddane8f/

Immutable trust in free market economics taken to its logical end I guess. He somehow manages to place sole blame of the 2008 financial crisis on the government. Inflated housing prices are blamed on an oversupply of money from government agencies due to increased regulations mandating subprime loaning. Corporate banks and rating agencies aren't even mentioned.

It's insane.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:41 PM   #1615
Tobey
Not at those prices
Repeat Contributor

Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennuistic View Post
https://www.reddit.com/r/AskTrumpSup...k_and/ddane8f/

Immutable trust in free market economics taken to its logical end I guess. He somehow manages to place sole blame of the 2008 financial crisis on the government. Inflated housing prices are blamed on an oversupply of money from government agencies due to increased regulations mandating subprime loaning. Corporate banks and rating agencies aren't even mentioned.

It's insane.
The financial meltdown was a tag team effort between Clinton and Bush. Clinton made it easier for people who couldn't afford a home to buy one anyway, and Bush removed the regulations that prevented those shit mortgages from being repackaged and used for widespread fraud.

It's completely fallacious, though, to say that since Democrats bear responsibility for the meltdown, any attempts they made to prevent it from happening again are invalid.

disclaimer: 100% of my knowledge on this subject comes from reading The Big Short
Tobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 03:03 PM   #1616
ennuistic
needs haircut

That explanation invites partisan bickering. Trying to divide blame on the political system for the meltdown is like arguing whether security cameras or a beat cop would've prevented a burglary. It doesn't address the burglar at all - why he stole, how he stole, can he steal again?

A mortage, like any loan, is a bet. A mortgage backed security is a bet on a mortgage. Collateralized debt obligations are a bet on a bet. Derivatives are a bet on a bet on a bet ad infinitum, or a bet on a group of bets. They are unlimited in their scope and breadth. It's turtles, all the way down.

Wall Street is adamant that derivatives are a manifestation of product innovation in the financial industry. But at some point, you have to ask yourself how you would quantify the real value of that product. Most people can predict the probability of a coin flip. They would also know that before the coin hits the ground, both possible outcomes are associated with real value. Evaluating a derivative is asking the result of a coin flip if I threw it off the top of the Grand Canyon provided that aliens land on Mars before we do, but only if it wasn't raining in Yemen two days before. You know that the probability of each outcome is infinitesimally small, but before all these things happen, you have to assume that every possible event has value. There is no good way to estimate the real value of a derivative - you only really know how much someone is willing to pay for it.

Wall Street argues that restrictions of derivatives are damaging to its ability to compete with foreign competitors who engage in the same behavior. So the logic becomes simple - a derivatives financial crisis is a global economic crisis, so the solution has to be global one.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:51 PM   #1617
eveninghope
Ms. Jackson if ya nasty

eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?

so much for making americans safe again.

https://iraq.usembassy.gov/mobile/sm_020617.html

i think a lot of middle east policy comes from a fundamental misunderstanding of ME culture. people here do retaliate when they feel their honor besmirched, e.g. the video that sparked bengazhi, or the cartoons from charlie hebdo. we don't know if this ban is directly retaliatory, but the travel ban obviously does offend people and governments in this region. hopefully no one ends up dead as a direct effect of the policy.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:39 AM   #1618
eveninghope
Ms. Jackson if ya nasty

eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?

i like how there's so much crap going on we're not even talking about any of it.

this is vox's video on bannon. i am completely incapable of understanding this worldview.

Old 02-14-2017, 09:54 AM   #1619
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.

At this point I seriously doubt Trump can last

He's a hothead CEO tyrant trying to run the country like a company and just randomly demanding shit without any forethought

And that's the nicest scenario I can figure based on his actions

He'll get in enough shit to get impeached eventually by that alone, to say nothing of the possibility of way sketchier things happening
Old 02-14-2017, 10:04 AM   #1620
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveninghope View Post
i like how there's so much crap going on we're not even talking about any of it.

this is vox's video on bannon. i am completely incapable of understanding this worldview.

That's a very common view dude

Not so much on the historical backing, but the rest.

The video failed to explain how people draw that conclusion. First of all, Islam and all people from the Middle East might as well be the same thing to many. Moving on from there...

Pretty much Islam is known for suppressing women, honor killings, terrorism, nd even worse shit like this https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacha_bazi .

They are already skeptical of MSM. When MSM then only talks about the positives, and would never dare touch bacha bazi or many other cultural negatives with a 10 foot pole, and add in that you worship veterans who experienced these cultures firsthand and have these stories, it's a miracle for you not to hate Islam.

They see aid going to countries that were and are utterly ungrateful while neighbors struggle.

Not to excuse hate or anything, but to say it isn't understandable is a reach. Ignorance, fear, and the death of journalism made people this way. People aren't born hating other humans, they are taught.

Last edited by skeletalpeacock; 02-14-2017 at 10:06 AM.