Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > General Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-01-2017, 08:15 AM   #1661
eveninghope
Ms. Jackson if ya nasty

eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?
Default Re: Berni for President

so how bout that new rasmussen poll, amirite?

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/...asmussen-27168

this is actually prob the poll that matters most. they tend to oversample conservatives and *i think* it's a likely voters poll, and not general pop. its also down from 54% approve a couple weeks ago, to 50/50 now. the other polling that shows anywhere from low 30s to mid 40s is usually just "adults."
Old 03-01-2017, 10:53 AM   #1662
Ophidian
I'm always angry
Repeat Contributor

Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarusl View Post
Mexico had better get ready to be invaded. Not even kidding.

More realistically, Iran and/or N. Korea. He needs an army to launch the war that will allow him to win re-election.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletalpeacock View Post
So, the George Bush Jr model? Minus the vice president profiting directly from Halliburton weapons sales?
http://www.texasmagiczone.com/forums...&postcount=417
Old 03-01-2017, 11:23 AM   #1663
ennuistic
needs haircut

ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveninghope View Post
so how bout that new rasmussen poll, amirite?

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/...asmussen-27168

this is actually prob the poll that matters most. they tend to oversample conservatives and *i think* it's a likely voters poll, and not general pop. its also down from 54% approve a couple weeks ago, to 50/50 now. the other polling that shows anywhere from low 30s to mid 40s is usually just "adults."

without a breakdown by party affiliation, unsure if drop in numbers among likely voters is due to galvanization of Democrats/Independents to vote, or drop in support among Republicans.

actually, i'm almost certain it's the former, but i would need party breakdown to prove it.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:16 PM   #1664
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophidian View Post
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 11:16 AM   #1665
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.

Obama wiretapped me

I offer nothing as evidence
Old 03-06-2017, 08:43 AM   #1666
sage.sam
I'm yer huckleberry
Repeat Contributor

sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletalpeacock View Post
Obama wiretapped me

I offer nothing as evidence
I demand an investigation!
sage.sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 02:42 PM   #1667
ennuistic
needs haircut

ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?

Trump administration rolled out revised immigration EO.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/06/u...tion-text.html

They removed the religious language and added more language supporting the national security rationale directly to the text of the order.

With the most challenging provisions removed, pretty sure this one will hold up in court, at least based on its own merit.

There might be some backlash from a more liberal court concerning the reputation of its predecessor, but challenging this one would certainly represent a significant encroachment of judicial power over the executive.
Old 03-06-2017, 04:53 PM   #1668
ennuistic
needs haircut

Busy day today.

House Republicans formally introduced the bill to repeal/replace ACA.

Looks fundamentally similar to the existing conservative plans proposed by Ryan and others, like tax credits, block grants for Medicare, (and state sponsored insurance pools, although this part wasn't covered in the press release). No mention of the grandfathered insurance plans either, which were one of the chief reasons for the rising premiums that doomed ACA. Interesting is the exception of insurers allowed to charge more for people who let their insurance lapse.

No earthly clue on to what this coverage clause actually accomplishes since it doesn't seem to address the fundamental problem for those who can't afford insurance coverage, but rather punishes them further to the benefit of the insurance companies. Presumably the idea is that this clause serves as the replacement for the individual mandate punishment and will be used to offset costs, but it's fundamentally weaker and actively discourages enrollment, which is actually counter-intuitive to keeping cost down.

I'd expect this lapsed coverage clause to be the major point of contention going forward.
Old 03-15-2017, 06:36 PM   #1669
ennuistic
needs haircut

Second travel ban blocked based in part on historical context of law. Seems administration shot itself in foot with sloppy roll-out of initial EO.

Likely, this new challenge will last past the 90 days investigation period dictated by the initial EO, at which point that talking point starts to become a detrimental factor as well.
Old 03-18-2017, 07:00 PM   #1670
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

Great and quick article on hopes and expectations for Comeys Monday speech

Finally, we'll hear from Comey about Russia - CNN
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...zer/index.html

Last edited by skeletalpeacock; 03-18-2017 at 07:02 PM.