Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Magic the Gathering > MTG Rules Discussion

Old 08-26-2012, 05:27 PM   #101
da_miser
Expert

da_miser , waysr?da_miser , waysr?da_miser , waysr?da_miser , waysr?da_miser , waysr?da_miser , waysr?da_miser , waysr?da_miser , waysr?da_miser , waysr?da_miser , waysr?da_miser , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to da_miser
Default Re: Best reporter on Tmz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUZZY View Post
Yes make easier for me to drop players during bye weeks with out losing another good ones as well
that makes no sense lol....fuckin fuzzy so adorable.
da_miser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:28 PM   #102
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy
I think that looks terrible personally. While Binger is right - it's definitely win or tank, but I'd think it's like 75/25 in favor of tanking.

My individual breakdown:

Vick is definitely not gonna finish top 5 QB this year. He's way to injury prone and they are going to give McCoy a lot more of the goal line work instead of Vick.
Forte has not looked to great in preseason, plus might lose goal line touches to Bush
Gore is old and busted. This guy is like a 4th or 5th round value. Just turrible
Welker is solid.
Wayne is average, and highly dependent on Luck being awesome (which he may be, but risky)
Gronk is very solid, obv
Bradshaw is injury prone and will probably be sharing a ton of carries with the rookie, Wilson (who has been ridiculous in the preseason)
Steelers D is whatever, they looked shitty last year... but DEF isn't a position to care about.
Kicker is same as DEF.. whatever

Daniels is a servicable TE backup, but again, he's could lose touches to Garrett Graham
Dalton is shitty in a shitty pass system with shitty receivers. Rather take my chance with Bobby G, Andy Luck, or even Russell Wilson
Ingram is average at best, but NO spreads it around a lot, gonna be hard to get numbers consistently
Rice is pretty bad, also a 3rd/4th option on a pretty below avg team
Falcons D is whatever, and why do you have a DEF on bench
Same for bench Kicker. wtf?

I'd give it a 3 out of 10

For comparison - I just ran a 10 team mock, starting 2nd pick overall. Priority RB,TE,QB,WR

QB: Robert Griffin III, Tony Romo
RB: Ray Rice, DeMarco Murray, Stevan Ridley, Michael Bush, Jacquizz Rodgers, Alfred Morris
WR: Percy Harvin, DeSean Jackson, Pierre Garcon, Randall Cobb
TE: Rob Gronkowski, Jacob Tamme
PK: Mason Crosby
TD: Chicago Bears

I think this is a much better team, the only big weak spot is at WR, but both Harvin and Jackson can produce fine numbers. Also the QBs are a little iffy but should be fine. Also of note, I had multiple picks sniped literally the very pick before my turn (Julio Jones in the 3rd, Antonio Gates in the 4th, Antonio Brown in the 5th) Had I gotten those picks instead, I'd say this is an 8/10. As is, I'd rate this team a 7 out of 10

Ran another mock (again from position 2) and this time prioritized QB,TE,RB,WR

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Robert Griffin III
RB: DeMarco Murray, Trent Richardson, David Wilson, Jacquizz Rodgers, Daniel Thomas
WR: Torrey Smith, Dwayne Bowe, Antonio Brown, Reggie Wayne
TE: Rob Gronkowski, Antonio Gates, Jacob Tamme
PK: Nate Kaeding
TD: Pittsburgh Steelers

This one I feel much better about actually. At least 1 stud at all 4 skill positions. RB2 and WR2 are not great, but mid level floor with very high ceilings for Richardson, Wilson, Brown, & Wayne. Plus I like having RGIII as trade value. I didn't get sniped on any picks really, and would give this one an 8/10.

Did one more, this time from late position (7th of 10 man) and just took value picks with no specific plan on getting positions filled earlier than others.

QB: Matt Ryan, Robert Griffin III
RB: LeSean McCoy, Darren McFadden, DeMarco Murray, Steven Jackson, Jacquizz Rodgers
WR: Torrey Smith, Miles Austin, Nate Washington, Justin Blackmon
TE: Antonio Gates, Jason Witten, Jared Cook
PK: Mason Crosby
TD: Pittsburgh Steelers

I think this draft is insane. I still managed to get a lot of the same mid-late round players that I feel are good values, but was given some gifts by people over/under valuing players as well. It's definitely a contender for best in league. Even with still having less than stellar WR's, the depth at RB and TE will afford me the luxury of being able to pretty easily pick up a WR in a trade if desired. I feel confident in saying this is draft is an 8.5 or 9 out of 10.

You should try a more value based drafting approach.

The match of the century, absence versus thin air

Wagers

Last edited by JonasDash; 08-26-2012 at 09:58 PM.
JonasDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:35 PM   #103
FUZZY
the runsbads

FUZZY , waysr?FUZZY , waysr?FUZZY , waysr?FUZZY , waysr?FUZZY , waysr?FUZZY , waysr?FUZZY , waysr?FUZZY , waysr?FUZZY , waysr?FUZZY , waysr?FUZZY , waysr?

mine was 12 men i actually dont like any of cowboy rb there going to share the load alot

I owe

owes me

GOhan- $14
FUZZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:38 PM   #104
rodfan316
It's Clobberin' Time!

rodfan316 , waysr?rodfan316 , waysr?rodfan316 , waysr?rodfan316 , waysr?rodfan316 , waysr?rodfan316 , waysr?rodfan316 , waysr?rodfan316 , waysr?rodfan316 , waysr?rodfan316 , waysr?rodfan316 , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to rodfan316

who was your first round pick fuzzy? was it Gronk?
John Cena is the most overrated champion ever. He's like a 4 mana vanilla 6/6. Congrats on being big, but do something.
rodfan316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:41 PM   #105
FUZZY
the runsbads

FUZZY , waysr?FUZZY , waysr?FUZZY , waysr?FUZZY , waysr?FUZZY , waysr?FUZZY , waysr?FUZZY , waysr?FUZZY , waysr?FUZZY , waysr?FUZZY , waysr?FUZZY , waysr?

no i plan to wheel him and he did. took forte

I owe

owes me

GOhan- $14
Old 08-27-2012, 12:55 AM   #106
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.

Quote:
mine was 12 men i actually dont like any of cowboy rb there going to share the load alot
I disagree. I'd say 75/25 Demarco, Felix has been pretty miserable in the preseason. Showed up to camp out of shape, not cutting and seeing holes, etc.

Quote:
no i plan to wheel him and he did. took forte
that seems wise. I still am not sold on Forte not being overvalued with Bush in town and his play so far this preseason + coming off an injury late last year + contract issues... dude may not be playin real hard, ya know.

The match of the century, absence versus thin air

Wagers

JonasDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:29 AM   #107
FUZZY
the runsbads

the round where i pick up mike vick i was hopping rivers would get to me but no dice, and shuab got pick up in the 4th round.

I owe

owes me

GOhan- $14
Old 08-24-2015, 11:47 AM   #108
Cecilia Jupe
Big Mac
Contributor

Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to Cecilia Jupe

Fuzzy.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Master View Post
Stop being an ass.
Cecilia Jupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:04 AM   #109
sage.sam
I'm yer huckleberry
Repeat Contributor

sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?

OMG that's awesome
sage.sam is offline   Reply With Quote