Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > General Forums > General Discussion

Old 06-20-2017, 07:14 PM   #1841
ennuistic
needs haircut

ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?
Default Re: Berni for President

He's actually quite a bit more qualified than I made him out to be. Wiki says he's a graduate of Georgetown and LSE with 5+ years experience as a Congressional staffer.

He would actually be a perfect candidate for state gov't, but I guess the Dems really didn't have anyone better this time around. This guy with 1 term in state gov would be an ideal candidate anywhere.

Looks like Handel will win by 1.5%.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:17 PM   #1842
ennuistic
needs haircut

ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?

You're also in California though. Dems could run Tupac if they wanted to and still win in Cali.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:04 AM   #1843
Ophidian
I'm always angry
Repeat Contributor

Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarusl View Post
The problem is, that's who the Bernie side of the party wants - they DON'T want the seasoned pols who they perceive as being in cahoots with Hillary in keeping their man down. I don't disagree with the idea of injecting new ideas and energy into the party but there's something to be said for having the ability to raise money and build a network of support with traditional means.

I've tried to get involved in the Dem Party out here and it's demoralizing to see people wasting energy attacking each other when the worst president in history is in the White House with a Congress willing to rubber stamp his terrible ideas.
Interesting, I ended up in r/neoliberal yesterday and they said the BERNIE BROS hate him because of his economic policies. I have paid zero attention to that race because, just thought it was funny that I've heard conflicting views on him in less than 24 hours.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:10 AM   #1844
Tsung
Yosemite?
Repeat Contributor

Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?

Tsung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 12:34 PM   #1845
lazarusl
grandpa
Repeat Contributor

lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophidian View Post
Interesting, I ended up in r/neoliberal yesterday and they said the BERNIE BROS hate him because of his economic policies. I have paid zero attention to that race because, just thought it was funny that I've heard conflicting views on him in less than 24 hours.
That's my other point in a nutshell - liberals (of all stripes) can't seem to keep from eating their own. The Dem party has to be a coalition, there will never be a majority that all agrees on every issue, but people can't seem to get past the relatively minor differences and see the benefit of compromise in pursuit of a bigger goal (namely, keeping the party that wants to replace science with the Bible and would return to segregation in a heartbeat if they had half a chance).

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 06-22-2017, 08:37 AM   #1846
grimlock
I'm On Big Brother!
Repeat Contributor

grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to grimlock Send a message via Skype™ to grimlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarusl View Post
That's my other point in a nutshell - liberals (of all stripes) can't seem to keep from eating their own. The Dem party has to be a coalition, there will never be a majority that all agrees on every issue, but people can't seem to get past the relatively minor differences and see the benefit of compromise in pursuit of a bigger goal (namely, keeping the party that wants to replace science with the Bible and would return to segregation in a heartbeat if they had half a chance).

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I can't vote for a candidate that doesn't represent all cloud-kins and furries that want to tri-racially integrate their 67 year old parents that identify as Elián González.
grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote