Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Gamer Blogs!

Old 04-10-2009, 10:51 AM   #1
grimlock
I'm On Big Brother!
Repeat Contributor

grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to grimlock Send a message via Skype™ to grimlock
Default Me Grimlock King!

Bored @ work like no ones business. Network TV is airing their pilot episodes for this season and Bob Saget has a new sitcom called Surviving Suburbia. Ever since his role in Half-Baked Saget has been revealed as a dirty old man that is polar opposite from the dad of the hottest twins in the world. Then when Jamie Kennedy made Rollin' with Saget and hes also on How I Met Your Mother as the dad and narrator. So I was hoping the show would be good.....

The show has very poor writing. The pilot has this very forced feel to try and make you love Bob Sagets character and his wife. The wife is the mom from Dead Like Me, so I already liked her as a mom character. The kids are barely ever seen and the little girl was the funniest part of the show. Bob while talking cranes his neck and has very awkward movements, like hes on something, or feels too tall for his frame/co-"stars". The show overall felt like a very lame attempt at Roseanne.

Video of the moment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0s5UOVsMDg

LOL at embed disabled on this video. GG Universal.

There are a few more pilot eps for this season I need to watch. So far Kings and Castle have been really amazing for first seasons. Also Dollhouse is still kicking ass, I love me some Eilza Duskhu.

Last edited by grimlock; 04-10-2009 at 11:07 AM.
grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:01 AM   #2
arsenalpow
Fuck Sundays
Contributor

arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?
Default Re: Me Grimlock King!

bob saget on the aristocrats was pretty funny, actually that entire movie was def worthwhile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb brignon View Post
im actually fucking awesome for many reasons, probably most known for my sweet stroke
arsenalpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:07 AM   #3
grimlock
I'm On Big Brother!
Repeat Contributor

grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow View Post
bob saget on the aristocrats was pretty funny, actually that entire movie was def worthwhile.
Have not seen, will definitely give it a watch.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:09 AM   #4
phuqdao
Everliving Decayed Form
Administrator

phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?

Ba-weep-gra-na-weep-ninny-bong

You owe me: ----- I owe you: Jonasdash-$1
phuqdao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:32 AM   #5
GodzillaScott
Hiding in fog.

GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phuqdao View Post
Ba-weep-gra-na-weep-ninny-bong
Ba weep grana weep ninny ban?

Steady as she goes, bye and bye and bye.

Film at eleven!
GodzillaScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:35 AM   #6
grimlock
I'm On Big Brother!
Repeat Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodzillaScott View Post
Ba weep grana weep ninny ban?

Steady as she goes, bye and bye and bye.

Film at eleven!
Old 04-10-2009, 12:45 PM   #7
grimlock
I'm On Big Brother!
Repeat Contributor

Parks and Recreations is an office rip-off. A very un-funny office rip-off. It was created by Greg Daniels who also was behind the US adaptation of the office....so.... The only plus is its got the hottie Karen from the office. Would not recommend, and Im kinda worried about the rest of the pilots Im going to try and get through.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:10 AM   #8
Graygod
I'm so pretty.
Administrator

Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to Graygod

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
Parks and Recreations is an office rip-off. A very un-funny office rip-off. It was created by Greg Daniels who also was behind the US adaptation of the office....so.... The only plus is its got the hottie Karen from the office. Would not recommend, and Im kinda worried about the rest of the pilots Im going to try and get through.
Eh, the office was really mediocre during season one also. P&R has a very similar feel, but the first episode seemed somewhat rushed. I think the show has some potential, it just needs to find it's stride.
Graygod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:20 PM   #9
grimlock
I'm On Big Brother!
Repeat Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graygod View Post
Eh, the office was really mediocre during season one also. P&R has a very similar feel, but the first episode seemed somewhat rushed. I think the show has some potential, it just needs to find it's stride.
I think why the office was such a slow start is because it was a very close adaptation to the UK Office. Their sense of humor is much different then ours and watching the UK Office they used a lot of colloquialism I didnt really understand. I just dont think it translated very well. I guess Thursday night shows The Office and 30 Rock are just better than P&R and the characters in P&R seemed really weak.

Do not watch the Unusuals. It is like watching a very bad and much shorter Leslie Nielsen movie.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:19 PM   #10
grimlock
I'm On Big Brother!
Repeat Contributor

So there are not really any good new shows from this season that I can see. Im going to keep watching Southland and Harpers Island just because there is enough there to keep up with. Surviving Suburbia did not get better with the second episode. And Parks and Recreation, The Unusuals, and Krod Mandoon had very poor pilot episodes and I will not continue to watch those. I forgot about Better Off Ted. It has actually been intriguing enough to keep watching. Although it is in the mockumentary style of the Office its not as annoying about it, its more like Malcom in the Middle where they just blatantly break the 4th wall.

Eastbound and Down got renewed for a second season and I cannot wait. That show is fuckin hilarious and Danny Mcbride is hysterical.

I have not watched the pilot for Caprica yet because I still need to finish BSG. Can anyone confirm that there are no BSG spoils in the new show? I think its supposed to be Caprica during the first year. Im trying to read as little as possible about it because I dont want anything from BSG spoiled.