Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > General Forums > General Discussion

Old 05-18-2017, 08:46 PM   #1801
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.
Default Re: Berni for President

that's quite interesting... I know I have a bias to hate Trump/GOP in general, but man... I really can't imagine anyone not seeing the writing on the wall at this point

The match of the century, absence versus thin air

Wagers

JonasDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:58 PM   #1802
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock

Guess I'll watch that video later, but a summary for 30 minutes would have been nice

I'd also like to point out that we could use some eyes on Chaffetz

A head in a major committee has decided to not run for reelection, and now to quit early.

Both of those are timed closely to major negative trump announcements

He has no indication of running for state governor or doing anything else

He was merciless on Hillary, though seemed way less partisan before that

James Comey did not write a public letter when he reopened the Hilary investigation. He wrote a private one, and Chaffetz decided to post it on twitter

Seriously, can we get some fucking eyes on this guy? He either has a teriminal disease or is up to something.

There are many rumors about him being paid off. And of course, let's not forget that he just requested everything Comey has on Trump.

Links for proof

Possible explanation

https://www.palmerreport.com/opinion...st-month/2751/

Timeline

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thinkpr...p/e9fff5359102
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 10:22 PM   #1803
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletalpeacock View Post
Guess I'll watch that video later, but a summary for 30 minutes would have been nice]
Comey has long been unhappy with Trump's level of friendliness towards him, Trump doesn't get that President is not supposed to be buddies with people that are in charge of investigating federal matters.

Comey felt bad about how things went down in regards to Hillary/Election/Emails

Comey wanted to remain as hands off as possible, as a result of how that went down and yet Trump doesn't seem to understand that could possibly be an issue

Confirms that Trump asked for loyalty pledge.
Confirms that Trump asked for Comey to drop investigation on Flynn.

Trump is unfit to run this country. Maybe he's corrupt. Maybe he's stupid. Maybe some of both. Any way you slice it, he's a shitty POTUS.

Wagers

Old 05-18-2017, 11:44 PM   #1804
lazarusl
grandpa
Repeat Contributor

lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?

Reading links on that Palmer Report site I can see how people get sucked into conspiracy theories. I especially like the one about Jared Kushner intentionally giving bad advice to get Trump out of the way.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 05-19-2017, 05:09 AM   #1805
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.

I don't know why everyone is calling for impeachment. If your beliefs leans left you want Trump to serve out his term and likely lose in 2020. You impeach the guy in his first year and you'll have a ton of moderate republicans fall back into party lines. An incumbent Pence has a decent shot of getting reelected.

binger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:37 AM   #1806
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by binger View Post
I don't know why everyone is calling for impeachment. If your beliefs leans left you want Trump to serve out his term and likely lose in 2020. You impeach the guy in his first year and you'll have a ton of moderate republicans fall back into party lines. An incumbent Pence has a decent shot of getting reelected.
Overall, it's less about party overall and more about the specific person for me.

I think that moderate republicans would face a ton more difficulty getting re-elected in 2018 if they tried to fall back into party lines instead of moving with the natural flow of the left upswing that would occur after a successful impeachment.

However --- barring conclusive and undeniable evidence of massive wrongdoing (PLZ!), impeachment itself is likely not even feasible until a post-2018 non-GOP controlled Congress.

That said, moving towards an impeachment in 2017 means it will be at the forefront of 2018 elections, which means that if Dem voters really mobilize, they could take Congress back handily and push for impeachment at that point.

Two-ish years of Pence in a Dem controlled Congress, with a Trump impeachment fresh in the minds of voters would have to present a serious problem for 2020 GOP re-election chances.

Wagers

Old 05-19-2017, 06:27 AM   #1807
ennuistic
needs haircut

ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?

Yeah... you don't fuck with the presidency on this level.

This isn't like intentionally tanking for a #1 draft pick.
Trump is actially bad for the country.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:09 AM   #1808
samh5621
Beginner

samh5621 , waysr?samh5621 , waysr?samh5621 , waysr?samh5621 , waysr?samh5621 , waysr?samh5621 , waysr?samh5621 , waysr?samh5621 , waysr?samh5621 , waysr?samh5621 , waysr?samh5621 , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasDash View Post
Comey has long been unhappy with Trump's level of friendliness towards him, Trump doesn't get that President is not supposed to be buddies with people that are in charge of investigating federal matters.

Comey felt bad about how things went down in regards to Hillary/Election/Emails

Comey wanted to remain as hands off as possible, as a result of how that went down and yet Trump doesn't seem to understand that could possibly be an issue

Confirms that Trump asked for loyalty pledge.
Confirms that Trump asked for Comey to drop investigation on Flynn.

Trump is unfit to run this country. Maybe he's corrupt. Maybe he's stupid. Maybe some of both. Any way you slice it, he's a shitty POTUS.
Comey is 6' 8" and a pretty solid basketball player. He repeatedly told people he would NEVER play basketball with Obama because it would appear unseemly for an FBI Director to be around the POTUS.

Then Trump called him to his table and demanded a loyalty pledge like a fucking mafia don.

But here's the best part: Even if we do get rid of Trump we get fucking Pence! (unless the fire leads to him, but I think we're going to spend all our political and justice capital [and attention] on getting Trump ousted)

Either way, we're fucked for another 3 years and 8 months. We either have an imbecile or someone who goes to Medieval Times for dinner and thinks, "yeah, this is good - we should have this all the time, everywhere."
samh5621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 08:32 AM   #1809
Tsung
Yosemite?
Repeat Contributor

Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by samh5621 View Post
But here's the best part: Even if we do get rid of Trump we get fucking Pence! (unless the fire leads to him, but I think we're going to spend all our political and justice capital [and attention] on getting Trump ousted)

Either way, we're fucked for another 3 years and 8 months.
I don't expect the direction of the policies to change, but as previously stated it would come from a weakened position. Impeding Pence like the Republican Congress impeded Obama is still significant. Plus, there's some question as to how much of Trump's base Pence could retain. Not even considering the fallout from an actual impeachment, but Trump had the whole cult of personality thing going for him while Pence appears to be widely disliked even in his home state.

Tsung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 02:30 PM   #1810
Ophidian
I'm always angry
Repeat Contributor

Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/u...imes&smtyp=cur

#game

?