Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Video Game Discussion

Old 08-08-2016, 05:53 PM   #171
caleb brignon
cookin pies with my baby

caleb brignon , waysr?caleb brignon , waysr?caleb brignon , waysr?caleb brignon , waysr?caleb brignon , waysr?caleb brignon , waysr?caleb brignon , waysr?caleb brignon , waysr?caleb brignon , waysr?caleb brignon , waysr?caleb brignon , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to caleb brignon
Default Re: pokemon go

i mean. obviously you guys play games similarly to the way i do. so it probably is dead to you if youre noticing an influx of cheaters and they arent really stopping it. you needed those gyms in your life and to flex your pokenuts all over other nerds faces. i get it.

but i was just questioning him for the game in general. i highly doubt it will affect most players. we all met and are gathered on a forum meant for a game that we played competitively. i also dont think pokemon go was ever intended to draw in the competitive crowd lol....nor does it intend to cater to them. if they ever add ranked gyms or fucking CP requirements for certain areas then maybe ill think theyre targeting a different audience.

Last edited by caleb brignon; 08-08-2016 at 05:54 PM.
caleb brignon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 06:07 PM   #172
ennuistic
needs haircut

ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb brignon View Post
is it really dead? wouldnt botters/scripters/cheaters like that only remove others being able to take gyms? i dont play it so i really dont know exact details. but it seems like people dont play that game for its player vs player (or pokemon rather) aspect.
the biggest anticipated patch is effectively the PvP patch, with 1v1 battles and trading.

they pretty much have to remove bots before trading begins, or the update is pointless. gps spoofers have to be nerfed as well if you want to preserve the value of region exclusive pokemon.

so the longer the wait, the longer the content patch gets delayed. even casual players will burn out once they hit the exp plateau at lvl 20+ and there is no updated content.
Old 08-08-2016, 06:08 PM   #173
ennuistic
needs haircut

ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?

you're still probably right though.

i'd say the attrition rate could be about 25%.
Old 08-08-2016, 06:17 PM   #174
caleb brignon
cookin pies with my baby

caleb brignon , waysr?caleb brignon , waysr?caleb brignon , waysr?caleb brignon , waysr?caleb brignon , waysr?caleb brignon , waysr?caleb brignon , waysr?caleb brignon , waysr?caleb brignon , waysr?caleb brignon , waysr?caleb brignon , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to caleb brignon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennuistic View Post
the biggest anticipated patch is effectively the PvP patch, with 1v1 battles and trading.
that sounds pretty fuckin cool in theory. thats the kind of stuff that would make me want to play. (and would be upset about having ruined if i were looking forward to it or preparing for it)

but thats why i wouldnt have ever started playing something like pokemon go with the intent of it being my next competitive vidya. if you dont enjoy it for the collecting, moderate exercise, or just being a part of something then you prob shouldnt be that invested.

i also feel like they can have unlimited content updates just by adding more pokemon (arent there like a milly now?) or unique ways of capturing them. also they'll eventually add like cosmetics for your fucking trainer that cost $1 etc. or like you'll need to own X, Y, and Z pokemon to unlock a special fingerless glove.

Last edited by caleb brignon; 08-08-2016 at 06:18 PM.
caleb brignon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 07:05 PM   #175
chad
Wanna-be Pro
Repeat Contributor

chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?

the drive to collin's park was miserable. drove over an hour, spent 4 hours there and still didn't get a good growlithe. that was brutal. caught 15 growlithe and the highest was like 63%. Best one I got is a 73% one from an egg. at least a trip to galveston will help me fill out my pokedex. god dammit.
geoff - $$$$$$$

trading integrity for snapcasters
chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 07:08 PM   #176
ennuistic
needs haircut

nest ivs are capped. people figured that out 2 weeks ago.

also, i'm pretty sure i've posted this before in this thread.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:11 PM   #177
chad
Wanna-be Pro
Repeat Contributor

chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?

i've heard that before but it doesn't make sense.
geoff - $$$$$$$

Old 08-08-2016, 07:25 PM   #178
chad
Wanna-be Pro
Repeat Contributor

Don't see it in this thread. I just remember some old dude telling me this. It didn't make any sense so i just ignored him. Lol.

i guess i have to pray for a good growlithe from my 5k eggs. gotten maybe 2 in about 100 hatched.
geoff - $$$$$$$

Old 08-08-2016, 07:26 PM   #179
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock

I doubt nest IVs used to be capped

I've seen farmed charizards in the high 80s and low 90s in the Houston FB group

And yeah I agree that were a weird part of the market and most people won't quit over unbeatable gyms. Everybody got Rekt by nest elimination and the greatly reduced ability to hunt Pokemon though.

Protist for everyone- you can still get a good idea on where things are from sights and apps that people self report to. For example, I have used the poke locator app for iOS.
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 07:29 PM   #180
ennuistic
needs haircut

you disagree with the game design?

nests are still extremely important to obtain candy, but would be ridiculously op if you could catch on a standard distribution of iv. normal catching would basically be pointless.

the rationale is actually pretty well thought out: of the 3 ways that pokemon spawn (nest, regular, eggs), the iv distribution is inversely is proportional to the catch/hatch rate of the method. regular spawns have a normal distribution of iv values, nests are hard-capped, and egg spawns spawn on a normal distribution that is up-shifted 1.5 std. deviations from the regular spawn iv distribution.

there could be an argument for replacing the hard cap with a down-shifted normal distribution, but i think even then, nests would still be more efficient than catching normally.