Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Magic the Gathering > Magic General Discussion

Old 02-07-2017, 02:20 AM   #1
Athos
Look at this stuff...

Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to Athos
Default Reminiscing thread (t/askTMZ)

BHieney and I were talking about old Magic memories, i thought more of us might enjoy trips down memory lane.

Like remember when Berni charged a dollar to listen to your bad beat story?

Member motumbo throwing/shoving cards down people's exposed ass-cracks?

Gross Carl only bringing one set of clothes to GP: LA?
Athos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 08:51 AM   #2
Ophidian
I'm always angry
Repeat Contributor

Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?
Default Re: Reminiscing thread (t/askTMZ)

Old 02-07-2017, 08:56 AM   #3
Ophidian
I'm always angry
Repeat Contributor

Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?

Was it Hunter that spit into Roy's open mouth because he kept adding Jitte's to his draft decks?

My personal favorites usually involve Seamus... Like the first time I met him and he was all buddy buddy with me. Then we played and I Pithing Needle'd his Dreadship Reef on T1 (and then he played a second one lul) Two minutes later he bit his pen in half and had ink smeared across his face and hands. I knew then that I had found my muse.

Or the time he was playing against Frodo and got wrathed or something and pulled off his bluetooth earpiece and smashed it, stood up and stomped on it and sat back down. Then reached into his shirt pocket and pulled out another fucking one and put it into his ear.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:19 AM   #4
Tsung
Yosemite?
Repeat Contributor

Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?

I member the good ol' days where I could stand to spend a whole day at a tournament. A few too many 'spend 6+ hours not drafting waiting for my ride/car mates to finish top 8' later, eh.

Tsung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 01:43 PM   #5
Athos
Look at this stuff...

Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsung View Post
I member the good ol' days where I could stand to spend a whole day at a tournament. A few too many 'spend 6+ hours not drafting waiting for my ride/car mates to finish top 8' later, eh.
With enough of a crew there, it was more than bearable: it was quality hang time! I really discovered on my van tour of tournaments how valuable it was to have that group to hang with between rounds. Those SCG tournaments with no-one else there sucked.
Old 02-07-2017, 01:46 PM   #6
Athos
Look at this stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophidian View Post
Was it Hunter that spit into Roy's open mouth because he kept adding Jitte's to his draft decks?

My personal favorites usually involve Seamus... Like the first time I met him and he was all buddy buddy with me. Then we played and I Pithing Needle'd his Dreadship Reef on T1 (and then he played a second one lul) Two minutes later he bit his pen in half and had ink smeared across his face and hands. I knew then that I had found my muse.

Or the time he was playing against Frodo and got wrathed or something and pulled off his bluetooth earpiece and smashed it, stood up and stomped on it and sat back down. Then reached into his shirt pocket and pulled out another fucking one and put it into his ear.
Sounds right. OMG Seamus...

My favorite Hunter story was from GP: Denver, driving the BroMix van with bud stashed under the floorboards. We're leaving Dallas at like 4:30am, Hunter is the last to get into the car...apparently he came straight from a massage parlor, because the first words out of his mouth were "I had 2 things happen last night that I never thought would happen: I fucked a pussy so tight that it hurt my dick, and a girl licked my asshole while she jerked me off"

hahahahhaa. so many people got mean nicknames that trip
Old 02-07-2017, 04:44 PM   #7
Ophidian
I'm always angry
Repeat Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athos View Post
Sounds right. OMG Seamus...

My favorite Hunter story was from GP: Denver, driving the BroMix van with bud stashed under the floorboards. We're leaving Dallas at like 4:30am, Hunter is the last to get into the car...apparently he came straight from a massage parlor, because the first words out of his mouth were "I had 2 things happen last night that I never thought would happen: I fucked a pussy so tight that it hurt my dick, and a girl licked my asshole while she jerked me off"

hahahahhaa. so many people got mean nicknames that trip
Oh yeah, that was great -- watching Hunter re-enact his pantomime of how he told the non-english speaking fob about how he wanted a rusty trombone is forever etched in my brain
Old 05-16-2017, 01:40 PM   #8
samh5621
Beginner

samh5621 , waysr?samh5621 , waysr?samh5621 , waysr?samh5621 , waysr?samh5621 , waysr?samh5621 , waysr?samh5621 , waysr?samh5621 , waysr?samh5621 , waysr?samh5621 , waysr?samh5621 , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophidian View Post

I printed off Seamus' incarceration record after he threatened a woman at one FNM and gave it to him at another after he freaked out that I Spreading Sea'd his Emeria.

He conceded the match.
samh5621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:36 PM   #9
Athos
Look at this stuff...

Surely we have more stories. You circlin' Houston mothafuckas

I remember my first draft in Houston at Midnight next to the mattress store, seeing a lot of TMZ people for the first time. David ng and Bernard spent a lot of time in the bathroom, and when I picked up my 8th pick there were 2 Barrenton Medics in it; when I brought it up, Phu immediately shouted across the table "THAT HAPPENS SOMETIMES."

After drafting we all stood in a circle inside Midnight until they told us to leave and then re-circled outside, still unable to pick a place to eat.

I was talking to TWebb recently and we talked about how we only spent time together at PTs Berlin and Montreal (only the best), but he still felt like he knew me pretty well because of TMZ. Obviously this thing is falling apart a bit, but I blame the general internet, ya know? And less and less of us are playing...but the internet got bigger and more like what we were doing here, but mostly bigger. It's pretty cool that we had this, I tell normies about TMZ sometimes...it was kind of the quintessential best thing about early-days internet, finding a community of like-minded folk to share experiences with.

I really appreciate having had this space, I feel like I took my ideas and bludgeoned you all with them until they cracked and broke and smoothed out. The ability to speak truth here has been pretty great. Didn't mean to write a moratorium but fuck it. Long Live TMZ!

Edit: Oh yea, Phu actually said "THAT HAPPENS SOMETIMES, I've seen it at GP's"

Last edited by Athos; 05-16-2017 at 09:37 PM.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:26 PM   #10
phuqdao
Everliving Decayed Form
Administrator

phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athos View Post
Edit: Oh yea, Phu actually said "THAT HAPPENS SOMETIMES, I've seen it at GP's"
So in a Kaladesh/Aether Revolt draft at 3rd Coast, almost an entire boxes worth of packs had anomalies (no rare, wrong number of un/commons, duplicates at every rarity).

They took back all the packs, and asked for all the wrappers.

You owe me: ----- I owe you: Jonasdash-$1
phuqdao is offline   Reply With Quote