Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Gamer Blogs!

Old 01-06-2010, 10:20 PM   #91
AVSuzaku
Banned

AVSuzaku goes by user name irlAVSuzaku goes by user name irlAVSuzaku goes by user name irlAVSuzaku goes by user name irlAVSuzaku goes by user name irlAVSuzaku goes by user name irlAVSuzaku goes by user name irlAVSuzaku goes by user name irlAVSuzaku goes by user name irlAVSuzaku goes by user name irlAVSuzaku goes by user name irl
Send a message via AIM to AVSuzaku
Default Day 6

So I woke up this morning at 6:30 to go to school.... Fuck that noise. We get to Strake and go to the huddle up and there is a condom hanging off of a Jesus Statue... great way to start the year.
I got my dante's inferno paper back and got a B+ on it. pretty good cuz i thought it was pretty lame.
Physiology, we began dissecting cats. yes cats. We started skinning them today. Disfuckingusting. Supposed to memorize all the muscles of the cat. we'll see how that goes....
More bullshit classes then we get to the two new classes.
Exploring the American West and Election Politics and Religion.
We started off American West by watching How the West was Won. Oh, and the whole course is going to be watching western movies. good fucking shit.
Election Politics and Religion is going to be two brick walls yelling at each other while i stand in the middle and try to dodge the debris and spit.

Before leaving strake, we discussed the rumor of snow day tomorrow and friday we heard from the son of a faculty member. Just once plz.
Puttered around strake a bit, went home, ate. then played dragon age.

I can't beat the fucking end game boss so idk what i'm going to do now. Needless to say i can't wait for the sequel.

And now i'm posting on TMZ to wrap up the night before I go to bed.

Cant wait for friday...
AVSuzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:31 PM   #92
Thirdguy
Don't Jace Me Bro

Thirdguy , waysr?Thirdguy , waysr?Thirdguy , waysr?Thirdguy , waysr?Thirdguy , waysr?Thirdguy , waysr?Thirdguy , waysr?Thirdguy , waysr?Thirdguy , waysr?Thirdguy , waysr?Thirdguy , waysr?
Default Re: Day 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVSuzaku View Post
Cant wait for friday...
Are you coming to the Giant Princess show at mango's?
Thirdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:02 AM   #93
AVSuzaku
Banned

AVSuzaku goes by user name irlAVSuzaku goes by user name irlAVSuzaku goes by user name irlAVSuzaku goes by user name irlAVSuzaku goes by user name irlAVSuzaku goes by user name irlAVSuzaku goes by user name irlAVSuzaku goes by user name irlAVSuzaku goes by user name irlAVSuzaku goes by user name irlAVSuzaku goes by user name irl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdguy View Post
Are you coming to the Giant Princess show at mango's?
no....
Old 01-07-2010, 09:37 AM   #94
Klutz
Mountain Man
Contributor

Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?

Quote:
Election Politics and Religion is going to be two brick walls yelling at each other while i stand in the middle and try to dodge the debris and spit.
Sounds 100% teacher dependent. With the right teacher that would be amazing... and with the wrong one it would be abyssmal.

Also does not at all sound like the kind of class you'd usually teach in high school. I could see that as a popular elective at a liberal arts college where it would be a better class simply by virtue of self-selection: the students would be there because they were interested, not because it was mandatory.

Klutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:57 AM   #95
AVSuzaku
Banned

Default Re: AVSuzaku's Sittin'

Election pr is chosen
Old 01-07-2010, 12:02 PM   #96
phuqdao
Everliving Decayed Form
Administrator

phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klutz View Post
Also does not at all sound like the kind of class you'd usually teach in high school. I could see that as a popular elective at a liberal arts college where it would be a better class simply by virtue of self-selection: the students would be there because they were interested, not because it was mandatory.
It's a religious private school...they shun Science and Math...Exhibit A: Sullano...the prosecutions rests.

You owe me: ----- I owe you: Jonasdash-$1
phuqdao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:14 PM   #97
Klutz
Mountain Man
Contributor

Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?

Quote:
Election pr is chosen
Even so, it's a situation where you are obligated to choose a certain # of electives, and there are (a) only so many choices, (b) only so many of you doing the choosing, and (c) likely learning from someone who may be a religion "expert", at least with regards to your particular one, but is unlikely to be as broadly knowledgeable on either religion or politics as a university professor.

So what were your other choices?

Old 01-07-2010, 06:20 PM   #98
AVSuzaku
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klutz View Post
Even so, it's a situation where you are obligated to choose a certain # of electives, and there are (a) only so many choices, (b) only so many of you doing the choosing, and (c) likely learning from someone who may be a religion "expert", at least with regards to your particular one, but is unlikely to be as broadly knowledgeable on either religion or politics as a university professor.

So what were your other choices?
Augustine and Aquinas,
Science and the Existence of God
World Religions
I don't remember the rest...

I took the course cuz the teacher is easy.

Also, Fuck you phu.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:39 PM   #99
Klutz
Mountain Man
Contributor

Augustine and Aquinas was probably the correct choice. At least that's the course where your school is actually most likely to have the best subject matter experts. (In my extremely biased opinion.) Though I'd be extremely amused to hear what a Strake high school course has to say on "Science and the Existence of God".

Old 01-07-2010, 06:39 PM   #100
blake31678
pitchslapped
ContributorModerator

blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?

Easy teacher was definitely the correct choice...
blake31678 is offline   Reply With Quote