Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Magic the Gathering > Magic General Discussion

Old 07-29-2014, 09:27 AM   #111
lazarusl
grandpa
Repeat Contributor

lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?
Default Re: Premier Play Changes

This is even worse:

Quote:
Stores can choose between running a Standard, Modern, or Sealed Preliminary PTQ during each season, regardless of the format the Pro Tour it leads to is.

Guess what format 90% of the tournaments will be?
Old 07-29-2014, 09:28 AM   #112
urafever
Atlas Flame

urafever , waysr?urafever , waysr?urafever , waysr?urafever , waysr?urafever , waysr?urafever , waysr?urafever , waysr?urafever , waysr?urafever , waysr?urafever , waysr?urafever , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarusl View Post
This is even worse:

Sealed I hope?
urafever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:33 AM   #113
corenerd
peek-a-boo
Contributor

corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.

Quote:
This is even worse:

my thoughts as well. The one big upside is you can hit a lot more ptqs without having to drive all over the frickin state now (of course they are alot less useful)
corenerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:39 AM   #114
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.

Never came close to quitting Magic before this.

binger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:44 AM   #115
justcasty
Wanna-be Pro

justcasty , waysr?justcasty , waysr?justcasty , waysr?justcasty , waysr?justcasty , waysr?justcasty , waysr?justcasty , waysr?justcasty , waysr?justcasty , waysr?justcasty , waysr?justcasty , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by corenerd View Post
my thoughts as well. The one big upside is you can hit a lot more ptqs without having to drive all over the frickin state now (of course they are alot less useful)
how many "advanced level" stores are in Houston?

also: am I missing something or are the GP changes just a straight-up improvement?

Last edited by justcasty; 07-29-2014 at 09:45 AM.
justcasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:50 AM   #116
lazarusl
grandpa
Repeat Contributor

lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by urafever View Post
Sealed I hope?
Keep hoping. Stores make money by selling singles; standard tournaments drive singles sales.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:53 AM   #117
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock

....what

so what you mean

is i have to pay two entry fees and win two tournaments which are pretty guaranteed to only be standard

to qualify for the pt

fuck you. just get rid of limited already and end it.
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:54 AM   #118
Ophidian
I'm always angry
Repeat Contributor

Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by binger View Post
Never came close to quitting Magic before this.
My first thought:

The sky is actually falling.

After thinking about it a bit more, it's similar to what I said a while ago (Shifting from PTQ's to GP's)

Oh, re-read and they do give invites based on record. Not the worst imo

Last edited by Ophidian; 07-29-2014 at 10:02 AM.
Ophidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:55 AM   #119
TheYeti
Wanna-be Pro

TheYeti , waysr?TheYeti , waysr?TheYeti , waysr?TheYeti , waysr?TheYeti , waysr?TheYeti , waysr?TheYeti , waysr?TheYeti , waysr?TheYeti , waysr?TheYeti , waysr?TheYeti , waysr?

Quote:
Keep hoping. Stores make money by selling singles; standard tournaments drive singles sales.
Limited PTQs require the atore to pay for sealed product as well, right? So wouldnt they always elect to run a Constructed event so they get to keep all of the entrance fees instead of having to use some of the fees to offset the cost of the sealed product?

Expect the line to be "based on our local players demand for more Standard events..."

TheYeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:00 AM   #120
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock

yeah. standard is a free 25-30$ a head

limited is less profitable at 30-35 entry

limited casually never going to be ptq'd ever again

on the plus side, expect to X-0 every PT draft from now until the end of time. why would anybody practice useless skills?
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote