Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Magic the Gathering > Magic General Discussion

Old 07-29-2014, 10:21 AM   #131
HavoKDarK
Have A Nice Day!

HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to HavoKDarK
Default Re: Premier Play Changes

Getting Advanced Status isn't that hard. If you can run a GPT, you can now run a PPTQ.

The problem is, as noted, is none of these stores are going to fit the extra bill to make it anything other than Standard. Their bottom line is now in play for running these events, if at all.

Not to mention the idea that not only do you have to run hot 1 tournament, but 2, kinda diminishes the experience for a lot of people.

And people thought the sky was falling yesterday with no more Judge Foils @ GPs anymore.
HavoKDarK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:35 AM   #132
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.

I was just thinking that the RPTQs might have 150+ people. We're looking at 10+ store able to hold PPTQs in major cities if all they need to do is be able to hold a GPT.

16 US RPTQs means there are a limited number of those. I think Helene said there will be 3100 PPTQs a season. That means on average 200 people will qualify for each of the 16 RPTQs through PPTQs. The good news is this region's will probably be in Dallas. 4 hour drive isn't the worst.

binger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:38 AM   #133
HavoKDarK
Have A Nice Day!

HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by binger View Post
I was just thinking that the RPTQs might have 150+ people. We're looking at 10+ store able to hold PPTQs in major cities if all they need to do is be able to hold a GPT.

16 US RPTQs means there are a limited number of those. I think Helene said there will be 3100 PPTQs a season. That means on average 200 people will qualify for each of the 16 RPTQs through PPTQs. The good news is this region's will probably be in Dallas. 4 hour drive isn't the worst.
Then T8 get invites to the Pro Tour.

Also no mention of format for RPTQ's. They may be set by Wizards? Since the recipients of the RPTQ's are hand-picked?
Old 07-29-2014, 10:40 AM   #134
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavoKDarK View Post
Then T8 get invites to the Pro Tour.

Also no mention of format for RPTQ's. They may be set by Wizards? Since the recipients of the RPTQ's are hand-picked?
RPTQ season is set like the PTQ seasons are now.

Old 07-29-2014, 10:43 AM   #135
HavoKDarK
Have A Nice Day!

Quote:
RPTQ season is set like the PTQ seasons are now.
Does it say that somewhere? I think I missed it.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:46 AM   #136
arsenalpow
Fuck Sundays
Contributor

arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?

Ok so I'd have to win a local PTQ, then top 4 a big PTQ, of which both will be standard because stores are hard up for cash. Additionally, where are these regional PTQs located? Texas is fucking gigantic. A SA or ATX isn't so bad but if our regional hub is fucking Dallas then wtf man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb brignon View Post
im actually fucking awesome for many reasons, probably most known for my sweet stroke
arsenalpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:46 AM   #137
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavoKDarK View Post
Does it say that somewhere? I think I missed it.

Quote:
The winners of Preliminary PTQ events are invited to compete in a Regional PTQ, an invitation-only event that will take place at least four weeks after Preliminary PTQs end for that season. The specific date for Regional PTQs will be announced at the start of the season's Preliminary PTQs, and the format will be the same at all Regional PTQs.
My understanding is it'll switch between limited/constructed like it does now.

Old 07-29-2014, 10:47 AM   #138
HavoKDarK
Have A Nice Day!

Quote:
My understanding is it'll switch between limited/constructed like it does now.
Ah missed that line.

Still dumb that the gateway is going to be more than likely Standard...
Old 07-29-2014, 10:50 AM   #139
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow View Post
Ok so I'd have to win a local PTQ, then top 4 a big PTQ, of which both will be standard because stores are hard up for cash. Additionally, where are these regional PTQs located? Texas is fucking gigantic. A SA or ATX isn't so bad but if our regional hub is fucking Dallas then wtf man.
It's Dallas.

There are 16 in the US.

Cali will get 3. Seattle/Portland will get 1. Denver will get 1. East coast will get 5. Florida will get 1. Chicago/Indy will get 2. KC will get 1. Dallas will get 1. That leaves a single regional RPTQ. Maybe it's Nashville. I don't know what the fuck they're doing about Hawaii and Alaska.

Even if I over estimated Cali and the east coast, I doubt they'll put a RPTQ in Austin and another one in the OKC region instead of killing 2 birds with Dallas.

Old 07-29-2014, 10:54 AM   #140
corenerd
peek-a-boo
Contributor

corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow View Post
don't forget the fun of driving by yourself if you live several hours away from the RPTQ because all your friends didn't qualify at the PPTQ and don't want to ride with you to do nothing.
corenerd is offline   Reply With Quote