Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Magic the Gathering > Magic General Discussion

Old 05-29-2014, 09:23 AM   #41
Spike614
Raze Fear

Spike614 , waysr?Spike614 , waysr?Spike614 , waysr?Spike614 , waysr?Spike614 , waysr?Spike614 , waysr?Spike614 , waysr?Spike614 , waysr?Spike614 , waysr?Spike614 , waysr?Spike614 , waysr?
Default Re: Premier Play Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by binger View Post
I don't see getting anywhere near the 2nd bye without the 1000 point PTQ win.
yeah its pretty ridic, 100 per PTQ and 300 per GP in a whole year?

so 10 PTQs and 4 GPs and you have to day 2 all the GPs and play out all the PTQs

eh it's not impossible, but not being able to 0-2 drop PTqs is a complete bitch
Old 05-29-2014, 09:26 AM   #42
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.

Yeah, going into last weekend I had about 400 points from 4 PTQs with 2 top 8s and playing a couple of prereleases. 1000 is going to be hard.

PTs not counting is bullshit too.

binger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:31 AM   #43
Cecilia Jupe
Big Mac
Contributor

Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to Cecilia Jupe

i have 1100 from dec 2 to now, not including 1000 pwp bonus. though for some reason the PWP site includes 360 from the PT in this seasonal total. so minus that, i have 800 in about 6 months.

my yearly total is currently 3700, but includes two PTs and a ptq win bonus, so slightly below the 2 bye cut off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Master View Post
Stop being an ass.
Cecilia Jupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:39 AM   #44
MagicalHack
Colonel Angus
Contributor

MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?

Why do you guys say PWPs from PTs don't count? I didn't read that in the paragraphs from the announcement.

Without the PT or the PTQ bonus, my yearly total is 1225. That's playing most local PTQs and a couple GPs.

Looks like I won't be getting byes to anything any time soon.
MagicalHack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:41 AM   #45
Cecilia Jupe
Big Mac
Contributor

Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicalHack View Post
Why do you guys say PWPs from PTs don't count? I didn't read that in the paragraphs from the announcement.

Without the PT or the PTQ bonus, my yearly total is 1225. That's playing most local PTQs and a couple GPs.

Looks like I won't be getting byes to anything any time soon.
its always been that way as far as i remember. it could have changed since they are included in the total, but at the beginning they only counted towards lifetime total so pt participants didn't get an unfair advantage (???) over non pt competitors.
Quote:
Stop being an ass.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:44 AM   #46
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia Jupe View Post
its always been that way as far as i remember. it could have changed since they are included in the total, but at the beginning they only counted towards lifetime total so pt participants didn't get an unfair advantage (???) over non pt competitors.
I think it's back when people can grind planewalker points for PT qualifications. Those who do make it has a huge edge over those who don't for the following PT.

I might be different now.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:45 AM   #47
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

The plan is to win Portland anyways.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:46 AM   #48
Cecilia Jupe
Big Mac
Contributor

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Planesw...ts/Information

Quote:
We calculate your Seasonal Award Points by adding together every point you've received in a competitive Magic event (sanctioned events that aren't casual events, Pro Tours, the World Magic Cup, or the Magic World Championship).
Quote:
Stop being an ass.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:54 AM   #49
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

My seasonal is at 1661 and yearly is at 4932. Minus 2000 for the 2 PTQs and it's at 2900. 2300 is doable I guess. Didn't realize I played that much Magic over the past year.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:56 AM   #50
Cecilia Jupe
Big Mac
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by binger View Post
My seasonal is at 1661 and yearly is at 4932. Minus 2000 for the 2 PTQs and it's at 2900. 2300 is doable I guess. Didn't realize I played that much Magic over the past year.
getting to play GPs is huge. since june last year there was Houston, Vegas, OKC, and Dallas that were easy to get to. hopefully they schedule them in a similar manner going forward.
Quote:
Stop being an ass.