Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Magic the Gathering > Magic General Discussion

Old 04-26-2016, 05:40 AM   #691
Weazy
Punter
Contributor

Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?
Default Re: Premier Play Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
I was pretty excited to see the top 8 with all the names in it but I couldn't watch it live. When I got home I completely forgot about the PT when I saw all this stuff about the changes.
The Top 8 was great. The commentary on it was pretty shitty. But the games were awesome. It's worth watching on YT IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage.sam View Post
Yeah, SRSLY. STFU and play your own match.
Weazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 09:13 AM   #692
sage.sam
I'm yer huckleberry
Repeat Contributor

sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasDash View Post
another interesting lawsuit regarding this was just resolved with Uber and their drivers 'independant contract' status. while the two are not the same, they could be related and might have had bearing on the decision to head this off now before it could become an issue
A better comparison is the class action suit against EA on behalf of the "Game Masters" (or "Counselors") for Ultima Online.

http://stratics.com/threads/people-s...rs-etc.155214/

Last edited by sage.sam; 04-26-2016 at 09:16 AM. Reason: added Counselors
sage.sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 09:18 AM   #693
sage.sam
I'm yer huckleberry
Repeat Contributor

sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?

Looks like they must have settled the EA case:
http://terranova.blogs.com/terra_nov...suit_sett.html
sage.sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 09:38 AM   #694
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage.sam View Post
A better comparison is the class action suit against EA on behalf of the "Game Masters" (or "Counselors") for Ultima Online.

http://stratics.com/threads/people-s...rs-etc.155214/
that one plays much closer to this case, yes. thanks!

The match of the century, absence versus thin air

Wagers

JonasDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 02:23 PM   #695
Cecilia Jupe
Big Mac
Contributor

Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to Cecilia Jupe

http://magic.wizards.com/articles/ar...lub-2016-04-26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Master View Post
Stop being an ass.
Cecilia Jupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 02:33 PM   #696
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.

It's a good start.

The decision to hold off on Platinum fee changes to not go into effect until the 2017-2018 season is the bare minimum of acceptability to not completely lose the faith of the playerbase and community.

Keeping the World Championship payout increase for 2016 is a show of good faith that they are willing to pony up the cash for something ahead of when they are getting it paid for by these cuts.

Consulting with the community and top players will go a long way in the future to ensuring that these sort of egregious mistakes don't just happen in the future.

While I appreciate Helene's saying how sorry they are, it feels like this sort of mistake is more of a "better to ask forgiveness than to ask permission" than a truly heartfelt apology from the Corporate Overlords.

I certainly hope WotC will learn from this and we can move on to build a better community, better game, and better tournament experience for all.

The match of the century, absence versus thin air

Wagers

Last edited by JonasDash; 04-26-2016 at 02:34 PM.
JonasDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 02:46 PM   #697
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock

Article on how dispensable pros are

http://www.mtgmintcard.com/articles/...am-is-not-dead
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 02:54 PM   #698
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia Jupe View Post
The inevitable wotc backpedal

I hope they get rid of byes if they actually really try to improve competitive magic

Byes make people play less magic and it makes no sense to reward people who are good at magic with the ability to play fewer rounds. Didn't the pros themselves just raise a huge stink about intentional draws, with one of the huge points being we should all play more matches to fairly determine outcomes? Well everyone but Efro. He's the douche who implied he'd sick team CFB to never draw or scoop to his opponent again if they didn't do what he wanted. http://www.channelfireball.com/artic...-jeskai-black/

That shit is like letting Tiger hit from the woman's tee.

Last edited by skeletalpeacock; 04-26-2016 at 02:56 PM.
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 04:43 PM   #699
lazarusl
grandpa
Repeat Contributor

lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletalpeacock View Post
Well everyone but Efro. He's the douche who implied he'd sick team CFB to never draw or scoop to his opponent again if they didn't do what he wanted.
I can't decide if he's the worst or just really bad at interacting with the rest of the world. This tweet was pretty funny:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFro
Wait a second, thought we all wanted the platinum money to go to the Hall of Fame... #Kappa #PayTheFros
https://twitter.com/efropoker/status/725058344377937920
Old 04-26-2016, 04:46 PM   #700
Ophidian
I'm always angry
Repeat Contributor

Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarusl View Post
I can't decide if he's the worst or just really bad at interacting with the rest of the world. This tweet was pretty funny:
He really is the worst, right?

Like... when your nickname is Frodog Millionaire and you set up a Gofundme because your dog needs to go to the vet?