Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Magic the Gathering > Magic General Discussion

Old 10-06-2016, 10:29 AM   #761
HavoKDarK
Have A Nice Day!

HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to HavoKDarK
Default Re: Premier Play Changes

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles...esh-2016-10-06

tl;dr:

Keeping changes started at PT EMN (selective pairings and anti-scouting methods)
Adding 2 points to all thresholds for Silver/Gold/Plat
RIP Super Sunday Series
GP Vegas replaced Standard with Limited!
HavoKDarK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:55 AM   #762
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.

Some changes announced today

Highlights:

Worlds will be returning to 3 player teams, format will be Standard

Nationals is back, replacing World Magic Cup Qualifiers. Format will be Standard only. Top 2 qualify, also top pro point earner from the country qualifies

Old school PTQs (large single person event to qualify single spot to Pro Tour) will be held on the Sunday of a GP, event cap is 225 players

Store run Grand Prix trials end after GP Las Vegas. Last chance bye trials still held on the Friday of a GP on site.

The match of the century, absence versus thin air

Wagers

JonasDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 10:15 AM   #763
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock

Zzzzzzzzzzz

I guess every change can't be exciting
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 11:25 AM   #764
lazarusl
grandpa
Repeat Contributor

lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletalpeacock View Post
Zzzzzzzzzzz

I guess every change can't be exciting
Sunday PTQs is reasonably exciting, as long as they don't hit their cap before the end of the day on Saturday. Being guaranteed 2 days of meaningful action makes it a little more likely I would travel for a random limited GP.
Old 02-09-2017, 01:56 PM   #765
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.

Yeah I like that. But with a 225 (250?) cap, I wouldn't be surprised if it fills ok Saturday

They'd have to run multiple or you can still lose your win and in/ last few rounds for day 2 and have nothing for Sunday
Old 02-09-2017, 03:09 PM   #766
lazarusl
grandpa
Repeat Contributor

lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletalpeacock View Post
Yeah I like that. But with a 225 (250?) cap, I wouldn't be surprised if it fills ok Saturday

They'd have to run multiple or you can still lose your win and in/ last few rounds for day 2 and have nothing for Sunday
Didn't take long for controversy to erupt around this. GP Vancouver's TO put up a pre-reg link for the Sunday PTQ. Entry fee: $75. It initially said you could get a $50 rebate if you pre-registered and then made day 2 of the GP and couldn't PTQ. Then, they said, sorry, no refunds. Mascioli's FB and Twitter went nuts and they pulled the pre-reg option.

Helene Bergeot tweeted #nothappy. These fucking TOs can't get out of their own way and WotC has put all of their eggs in that very small basket.
Old 02-09-2017, 03:35 PM   #767
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.

It's supply and demand. The supply side is 225 spots at a GP with 1200+ people, 900 ish not making day 2.

binger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 03:35 PM   #768
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.

The cost doesn't even affect the GP total attendance. Capitalism baby. It's a Trump world out there.

binger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 03:58 PM   #769
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

Of course of course

Going to have enough to still hit the 225 cap even with running it like a total asshole

So that's why there won't be multiple

Got it
Old 02-09-2017, 04:00 PM   #770
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

Kind of amazing that they could probably fill three of these if they managed it right, but instead will get 1.5 of them plus lots of pissed off people. And all for a few stolen entry fees. Stolen in my book anyway. Can't seriously claim no refunds lol.

Nickels over dollars man. Capitalism at its finest