Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Magic the Gathering > Magic General Discussion

Old 05-18-2017, 11:40 AM   #781
sage.sam
I'm yer huckleberry
Repeat Contributor

sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?
Default Re: Premier Play Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletalpeacock View Post
I felt the same way until somebody asked me a question

" Has organized play significantly improved in the last 5,10,20 years? "

And the answer is obviously no
I think that depends on how you measure. Numbers are up; experiences are down.
sage.sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 12:01 PM   #782
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage.sam View Post
No idea on the power, but I know I saw several complaints about it being dark... too dark to play, even.

I somewhat doubt that was her decision. That's probably part of the re-branding from on-high and working with the show partner, streamline or sitelines or whatever they're called.
They did that at Dreamhack Austin too. But it was more for the video gamer.

binger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 12:57 PM   #783
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage.sam View Post
I think that depends on how you measure. Numbers are up; experiences are down.
They are growing because the whole industry is growing, not because things are being done well, and the hard proof is in various reviews and how slow they are growing versus competitors

I'm sure that there is some smug tool with a PowerPoint that basically said "numbers are up" with some sick sound effects and fading graphics who rode that train for years. But now somebody is aware of what's really up with the horrific mismanagement and actual potential. And they are cleaning house, and I deeply approve.

Get people who aren't adding value the fuck out. Quit hiring magic players and your buddies into whatever role you feel like. Run your fucking company like you give a shit. I can't hardly name one thing that's improved in 10 years of playing but can name dozens of snafus. Plenty of them involve Helene.
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 01:03 PM   #784
sage.sam
I'm yer huckleberry
Repeat Contributor

sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by binger View Post
They did that at Dreamhack Austin too. But it was more for the video gamer.
Right, it's kind of understandable at DH. They have monitors around that people want to see; bright lights aren't really conducive.

Oh yeah, I forgot. This applies at the PT as well, since the only matches that matter at the PT are the ones on camera. Too bad for the rest of the players.
sage.sam is offline   Reply With Quote