Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Magic the Gathering > Magic General Discussion

Old 05-29-2014, 12:32 PM   #71
phuqdao
Everliving Decayed Form
Administrator

phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?
Default Re: Premier Play Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsung View Post
How many rounds are Houston store events?
Hereos draft FNM is usually at least 5 rounds; payout on standings.
Can't earn that "Go Undefeated in 4 rounds" achievement without 4 rounds.
Quote:
What if you could tie your dci# to a modo account and have online games count towards pwp? Would be just be a huge cash infusion?
And a huge fraud infusion.

You owe me: ----- I owe you: Jonasdash-$1
phuqdao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 12:34 PM   #72
phuqdao
Everliving Decayed Form
Administrator

phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?

Quote:
Of course...those lobsters are a day older, after all.
Not that you care, but the lobster was better the second day.

The main dish of pan seared sea scallops was poorly burnt on the second day, the sauteed spinach with garlic was severly lacking in garlic and sautee, the crab potato hash underneath all of that was pretty cold, and the creme brulee was worse than the white chocolate mousse topped with strawberries served in a peanut brittle "bowl".

And we had to sit in the bar area the 2nd night, so our service was also shitty.

You owe me: ----- I owe you: Jonasdash-$1
phuqdao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 12:35 PM   #73
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.

Quote:
How many rounds are Houston store events? It's usually 3 for drafts at my lgs. Less of an issue for standard players since there's a weekly win-a-box tournament w/ top 8, I guess.

What if you could tie your dci# to a modo account and have online games count towards pwp? Would be just be a huge cash infusion?
Strikezone was 5 rounds + top 8.

I don't know if there will be a huge cash infusion, but it seems abusable. 3 people can play on one account and get there fairly quickly.

binger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 12:35 PM   #74
MagicalHack
Colonel Angus
Contributor

MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by binger View Post
Pay more money and not drink. You need to calm down.

I do miss hanging out with Moe though. He tried to get me to "had all these" one of my opponents after I won a not so close game at the PTQ.
I mean, you had the subtle "still had all these" because you flipped stormbreath dragon then cast portent for the win the following turn.
MagicalHack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 12:36 PM   #75
Cecilia Jupe
Big Mac
Contributor

Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to Cecilia Jupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicalHack View Post
I mean, you had the subtle "still had all these" because you flipped stormbreath dragon then cast portent for the win the following turn.
except stormbreath being on top actually affected the game for 5 damage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Master View Post
Stop being an ass.
Cecilia Jupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 12:38 PM   #76
MagicalHack
Colonel Angus
Contributor

MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phuqdao View Post
As you so poignantly pointed out, I've been spending most of my time on MODO. I probably average 1.X Wednesdays a month. Didn't go yesterday; didn't go last week.

I also don't play the constructed season...

Hit or miss. Probably 2 a month.

Yeah...because I've been doing so well at them thar GPs.
This is the thing you do that is kind of annoying to me. You assert a contrary position (which is fine,) in this case "What? how come you guys don't have more PWPs, I have a hundred bazillion!" and then when speculation is given as to why the discrepancy exists, you just sit back and shoot down the speculation.

Why not just provide the explanation at the start? Clearly there is something you are doing that has led to a greater accumulation of PWPs and "I don't play Constructed" is hardly helping us reach the explanation.

Unless the goal is just to keep yourself situated as the focus of the discussion, in which case, carry on.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:39 PM   #77
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.

Wait, playing Stormbreath would not have won the game for me that turn right?

I'm pretty sure the previous attack brought him from 18 to 8. 3/2 + 2/3 + 5cc Stormbreath. If he had a flying blocker I don't kill him that turn.

I'm actually pretty good about not "still had all these" when I don't need to. But I'm also never in the give my opponent an extra turn mood.

Old 05-29-2014, 12:41 PM   #78
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicalHack View Post
Unless the goal is just to keep yourself situated as the focus of the discussion, in which case, carry on.
It's like you don't understand Phu at all. He has literally been this way forever.

It's annoying, sure. It's also hilarious because he literally can't help himself.

Old 05-29-2014, 12:43 PM   #79
MagicalHack
Colonel Angus
Contributor

Quote:
Wait, playing Stormbreath would not have won the game for me that turn right?

I'm pretty sure the previous attack brought him from 18 to 8. 3/2 + 2/3 + 5cc Stormbreath. If he had a flying blocker I don't kill him that turn.

I'm actually pretty good about not "still had all these" when I don't need to. But I'm also never in the give my opponent an extra turn mood.
Nothing about the play was wrong. I was just pointing out that you indirectly "still had all these" bc your opponent knows you were holding Stormbreath.

Ty correctly observed that Stormbreath actually pitched in 5 damage to the game, so technically not a "still had all these".

But flipping a bomb rare and then killing him with an entirely different card still has the flavor of a "still had all these" even if it doesn't fit the technical requirements.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:44 PM   #80
MagicalHack
Colonel Angus
Contributor

Quote:
It's like you don't understand Phu at all. He has literally been this way forever.

It's annoying, sure. It's also hilarious because he literally can't help himself.
You know, maybe I say I don't like it but I really do. Because it's something he secretly knows he deserves getting a hard time for. Without that foible he'd just be this inaccessible perfect gamer.

It's our flaws that humanize us and bring us together.