Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Television and Movie Discussion

Old 04-21-2017, 11:30 AM   #2351
Weazy
Punter
Contributor

Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?
Default Re: Good TV Shows to watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasDash View Post

yaaaaaaaaassssssssssss
I don't understand the hype for this show.....maybe I'm turning into a grumpy old guy but this show just doesn't seem funny at all to me. I couldn't make it through the first episode. Does it get better after the 1st ep?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage.sam View Post
Yeah, SRSLY. STFU and play your own match.
Weazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:25 PM   #2352
Tsung
Yosemite?
Repeat Contributor

Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weazy View Post
I don't understand the hype for this show.....maybe I'm turning into a grumpy old guy but this show just doesn't seem funny at all to me. I couldn't make it through the first episode. Does it get better after the 1st ep?
I don't remember the first episode being significantly different from the rest. If you don't enjoy that 30 Rock humor, you're just not going to like this.

Tsung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:29 PM   #2353
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsung View Post
I don't remember the first episode being significantly different from the rest. If you don't enjoy that 30 Rock humor, you're just not going to like this.
Yeah, the humor is heavily invested in rapid fire one liners, word play, puns, meta jokes and pop culture gags. Personally, that's my wheelhouse for sitcoms, but it's certainly not everyone's cup of tea

The match of the century, absence versus thin air

Wagers

JonasDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:31 PM   #2354
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletalpeacock View Post
I find it very hard to believe that a show with zero developed characters and nonsense like a girl falling in love with a mental healthcare patenit after infiltrating the facility to see if he is a mutant is top notch.

Show was just such a fucking mess. And I guess they combined elements of Mojo and shadow king for the villain that would inexplicably become a progressively skankier and zombie Aubrey Plaza? Didn't work at all for me.

Closest thing to character development was making the older blonde care about her husband in cryo who magically lived in the void then came back to life somehow. This is some heroes or doctor who level garbage and I expect way more for the hype.
Probably won't change your mind, but this is a pretty great breakdown of all the thematic and symbolic storytelling that Legion offers.

Wagers

Old 04-21-2017, 12:38 PM   #2355
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsung View Post
It felt more like New Girl than 30 Rock.

binger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:12 PM   #2356
Tsung
Yosemite?
Repeat Contributor

Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by binger View Post
It felt more like New Girl than 30 Rock.
You mean thematically, like she's a "new girl" in our world? I've seen every episode released of all three series and I don't see the comparison otherwise.

Old 04-21-2017, 01:13 PM   #2357
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.

Quirky new girl having adventures.

Old 04-21-2017, 01:20 PM   #2358
Tsung
Yosemite?
Repeat Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by binger View Post
Quirky new girl having adventures.
You don't strike me as the New Girl-watching type. I guess the difference to me is quirky girl in a normal world making things silly and the comedy comes from misunderstandings and awkwardness, vs quirky girl in a silly world where crazy things happen. It's more like Angie Tribeca and its gags.

Old 04-21-2017, 02:09 PM   #2359
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

Got throught 6-7 episodes of each shows. Felt very similar.

Tina in 30 Rock was grounded, and that was the main character. Kimmy is not. Also New Girl's world is somewhat silly. And 30 Rock is about actors playing actors, so going silly is understandable while remaining in the real world.

Old 04-23-2017, 01:22 AM   #2360
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophidian View Post
You have my attention
possible spoilers (???)

Wagers